Chapter 3 - Assertiveness

"Let us now approach this matter with a mature mindset, to prevent any consequences from happening due to the high risks of what we are doing. Let us take the safe route instead, and just tell Debbie straight at her face Seth likes her. From what I know, most girls haven't fully develop their "infatuation glands" so most likely, Debbie would avoid Seth after her knowing about it since she would not want to be involved in a relationship. This is the most practical, safest, easiest way I could think of. This has to work unless Debbie likes Seth or she is ignorant about it! All agree to plan?" I said to them. "Sounds good, I like it." David replied. "No wonder you were called the brainstormer!" Darren exclaimed in excitement. We all shook our head and further discuss before putting our plan into action.

It was recess. We grouped up and directly approached Debbie to tell her about this. "Hey Debbie! We've got something to tell you!" I told her. "What is it..." she replied in a monotonous tone. "Are you aware of Seth having a crush on you?" I whispered to her as Darren, Ryan and David nodded their head. "Nonsense! How can someone even like me? I doubt so. Is this some trick of yours?" she proclaimed in a shocking tone. "We are not lying. I observed him for about a week now and most probably, he likes you..." I said to her. "What? Utter nonsense. Even so, I don't even like him. Please tell him to stop liking me as I might feel uncomfortable with it." she ordered us. "That's the point! We wanted to tell you this so he would stop liking you. We didn't want you to steal him away from us. We are sworn brothers and we forbid him to like anyone but us." I told her. "What to do now..." as Debbie tried to crack her head for ideas. "I've got a plan. Just approach Seth and tell him you don't like him. That way, he would be heartbroken and then would stop liking you since there is no hope. Be assertive and direct. No queries?" I shared my plan to Debbie and the rest of the boys . "Seems cool. I'm fine with it." Debbie agreed. With that, we left off and went to do our individual stuff.

At the end of the day, we went to our hideout again to talk about this matter as we rejoiced in ecstacy. "Can't believe that worked! She actually agreed to it! We expect good results tomorrow. Can't wait!" I screamed in joy. As everyone cheered and celebrated, this was a long time since we were so happy and elated.