"Dance with me?" - chapter one..

Gabriella's POV;

"Soph, I swear to god." I mumbled back, my hands covering as much of my ears as physically possible.

God, I love her and all but does she ever stop talking?

"Oh! Oh! Or maybe we could go out for drinks tonight? You seem like you need one." Sophia continued.

"Are you being serious or just trying to be an ass?" I finally lifted my head, looking her dead in the eyes.

"Both." She smiled, placing down the pen that had been sitting between her teeth not long ago.

Sophia Fletcher, my best friend since we were fifteen, that's seven long years of hearing about all the shit that goes on in her life. And trust me, it does get boring after a while believe it or not.

I'm kidding, well... sorta.

Seriously though, she's been there for me through all my toughest moments and I love her for that, but right now i'm seriously trying to work and she isn't making it easy.

"So is that a yes to the drinks?" She repeated herself.

"Fine! As long as you'll start organising those hotel room keys and I can start organising these rooms." I replied.

"Okay, okay." She said, taking her feet off the desk and turning her chair towards the bundle of messed up keys.

I continued sorting out the booked and un-booked rooms on the computer placed in front of me, that is until i heard the front door swing open.

I ignored it, probably the same old guy coming back to report his missing bar of hotel soap again.

"Excuse me..."

"Hm?" I look up.

Holy shit, definitely not the old soap guy this time.

"Sorry, But i was just wondering if i could pick up my keys?"

"Of course, may I please have you're name, sir?"

"Austin, Austin Butler." He said, voice deep with a slight smile pulling at his lips.

I could feel Sophia's eyes burning into the side of my head.

I pressed a few buttons on the computer. "Ah yes, Mr.Butler, room 169."

He definitely chose that number on purpose, i would have.

I picked up the keys from Sophia's 'desk,' handing Austin the room keys.

"Thank you...-" His eyes dropped down to my name tag. "Gabriel." He smiled again.. god that smile, those piercing blue eyes, dirty blonde wavy hair...

I smiled back, "no problem."

Austin eventually picked up his suitcase again and rolled it into the elevator with him and headed up-to his room, but the whole time Sophia was giving me the same damn stare.

"Soph, seriously what is your problem?"

"What's my problem? Did you see that man?!" She sat up straight in her chair exited, facing me.

"I talked to him, so yes I saw him."

"I've never seen you so mesmerised." She said nagging me, lightly punching my arm which caused me to mess up whatever I was typing.

I turned my chair to her, "Keys."

She looked at me, confused.

"Keep organising those fucking keys before I shove them up you're damn-"

"Okay, okay!" She said putting up both of her hands, turning her chair back around to her desk.

I smiled, laughing slightly at her reaction, doing the same and going back to my part of the job.

Fuck me, it was gonna be a long couple months.

Word count: 528

AUTHORS NOTE:

I'm so scared to post this but i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! Leave any suggestions you may have! 🫶🏻