"Dance with me?" - chapter two..

Gabriella's POV;

I'm not a morning person, that's for sure.

I rolled onto my stomach, arms splayed across my pillow, and my head resting on them as my skin came in contact with the white silky sheets that perfectly cover the queen-size bed.

My head was pounding, it felt like someone was constantly hitting it against a brick wall. Soph and I did end up going for a 'couple' drinks last night, a couple well needed ones at that. However, I guess I had to pay the aching consequences of last night's fun after all.

I finally sat up right, dangling my feet over the side of my bed as I stared at the blank white wall in-front of me, waking up, very very slowly.

Eventually I did pull myself into the bathroom to brush my teeth and change into a clean set of clothes, as comfy as my silky pyjamas were.

I could live in them.

I dressed myself in a casual, matching lounge set that consisted of my favourite cropped white tank, a grey zipped hoodie, and sweats. I put my hair up in a messy bun, along with cleaning myself up with very minimal makeup and my favourite perfume. I definitely wasn't planning on doing much today after last night's events, as fun as they were.

Oh, it was also my day off.

Visual:

I hadn't spoken to Austin much after I had checked him into his room early yesterday morning

I hadn't spoken to Austin much after I had checked him into his room early yesterday morning. He did make small talk on his way out however, and I learnt that he was staying here for a couple months because of the new 'Elvis' movie he was starring in.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention Sophia and I share an apartment in this very hotel Austin was staying at for months? Sophia was thrilled.

In all honestly though, it just worked out cheaper for both me and Soph, not having to drive to work everyday was heavenly.

I decided to try and soothe the head banging headache by popping two Advil tablets into the palm of my hand, then into my mouth. Which followed with a generous amount of water to help me swallow the hard pills.

Sophia was able to handle a few drinks much better than me, so somehow her hangover was barely present. And so apparently she took it upon herself to take up an extra shift at the desk, I would never.

It had been a couple hours now, my head had cleared up slightly and I was honestly getting bored of lounging around at home.

I made my way into the hotels library, as much as it might surprise you, yes we have a 'VIP' library, which was also available to the staff.

I truely loved reading. Reading is and always will be my personal therapy. No matter what mental state i'm in, what situation, what mood, reading is my safe space. It's a space I can truely let myself be free, place myself in another person's perspective. And the plot twists and climax's of some books, god, the best parts. My mother always read to me before bed when I was little, those short silly bedtime stories were filled with such meaning, those books.. they are the ones that have a special place in my heart.

"Gabriel?"

"Gabriel?"

I jumped.

That cologne, that overpowering and masculine yet soothing fragrance that smells of rich sandalwood and leather.. maybe even a hint of spice? Whatever it was, the heavy notes followed the man anywhere he went.

"Austin?!" I said, following by quickly turning in his direction. "Jesus, you scared me!" I continued, turning around again, scanning over the books I was previously looking at.

He was walking along the same isle as me, maybe he's into romance novels too?

"I'm sorry, I was just surprised to see you here, that's all." He replied, standing next to me as he picked out a romance novel I was just previously looking at before he scared the life out of me.

"Surprised to see me here?" I turned to him for a moment, leaning against the hard wooden shelving. "You shouldn't even be here, VIP's only." I continued looking.

"Who said i'm not a VIP?" He smiled, lifting his head to look at me. "You enjoy reading?"

I gave him a quick look, no shit sherlock.

"Love it, actually. I wouldn't pick you as the type that would enjoy reading though." I flicked through some pages on a book I recently picked up, I can't be the only one who reads the very last page of a the book first.

He let out a low laugh, head down, scanning through his current book's cover. "Nah, I read. I love it too.. I find it very calming."

That surprised me, he looked like the type to be at clubs every night, not well.. enjoying a romance novel it looked like. "Do you have a favourite genre?"

"Romance or action, a mix of the two in one book is even better." He replied as he tucked a book under his arm, I assume he found the one he was looking for.

"Same." I agreed with him, flashing him a slight smile. I would have gone into further detail on why they are my favourite genre's, but I had just met the guy a day ago and didn't plan on starting a big conversation.

'didn't plan,' key word.

That didn't really work out, because for the next 15 minutes we ended up just chatting about our favourite stories, and why we like those books in particular. Turns out, Austin was actually more interesting than I originally thought.

I actually enjoyed talking to him?

It was nice having someone to chat to about books, not many people read them or take notice of their beauty and detail anymore. It's all 'movies are better' now, and not to sound old.. but most of the time the books are one-hundred percent better.

Word count: 987

AUTHORS NOTE:

I did not plan I writing that much but i'm feeding you all well!!
Guys i'm actually so exited for this book omg..
I hope you guys are enjoying it and i'll see you all soon, comment about any feedback you have!! muah ❤️