one

it had been a month ever since she had left. i knew she hadn't resigned and she would eventually leave but it all started to hit me now; all the sacrifices she chose to make just so she could spend a little more time with us all made sense to me now.

she could sense that her time was coming to an end, but why couldn't i accept it? it feels so weird without hearing her laugh all the time to the point where im replaying old videos just to hear it, just to see her smile again. the smile i used to wake up to while we were roommates and the smile i last saw when she said goodbye.

"jisun? why haven't you slept yet?"
sleep? how can i sleep.

"jisun?? roh jisun do you hear me?"
i cant sleep without seeing her one last time.

"EARTH TO JIS-"
i was snapped back into reality and saw jiwon and chaeyoung looking at me like i was crazy.

"jisun...are you okay? nagyung told me you hadn't left this room in days and you're not having your meals or talking to anyone" chaeyoung asked.

"yeah im fine...want me to cook something up? you guys must be hungry!" i showed them a weak smile hoping it'd convince them.

"sure...but jisun, why are you sleeping in gyuris old room?" they both shot me a worried look.

"so that someone could at least keep her presence alive here."

6 weeks ago.

"gyul, do you need help packing your stuff?" my words echoed

"jissen! i don't want to exhaust you, we've just finished our promotions and you need your beauty rest alright?" gyuri's eye smile slowly turning into a worried one.

she pulled me into a long hug, her warmth melting away all my worries and intrusive thoughts in an instant. we stared at each-other for a while, im not sure what she was thinking but i could tell she had happy thoughts racing through her mind, my cheeks becoming rosier at the second. i wish we could've stayed like that forever, the silence comforting us both and putting us at ease. i could hear hayoung and saerom giggling at the doorframe but i didn't let it ruin our moment; one of our last moments together.

"promise me, you wont forget all the things we did together..promise me you wont forget me."

"jang gyuri, you're unforgettable."

i felt jiwon tug me back into reality.

"HELLO??? JISUN?? WHY ARE YOU BLUSHING AND SMILING??" jiwon screamed.

i placed my cold hands on my cheeks, i could feel the same warmth i had felt 6 weeks ago. maybe she wasn't gone, she would come back right?

"megan..give her some time alone shes a blushing mess for some reason maybe she has a fever? GET THE FIRST AID KIT." chaeyoung responded

jiwon dashed out of the room..if only she could run this fast at ISAC we would have gold medals by now </3 . jiwon seemed happier these days, after her and seoyeon made things official they've been the happiest i've ever seen them in years maybe happier than the moment they heard they'd debut. i can't say the same for chaeyoung, as nagyung and chaeng are spending less time with eachother and i can tell its driving them crazy. jiheon hasn't been happy either, as her college work has been bombarding her lately and she misses gyuri a lot, they were like sisters.

as i was getting lost in thought, jiwon had already taken my temperature and tried to ask me questions but i was too dazed to answer her.

"if you aren't sick then why are you so red?"

"megan..its the jang gyuri effect!"