loss

Y/n's pov

A few of us were still chilling in the pool as I was laying on the mattress, "I'm going bye" I heard someone shout from the door "yup take care" Chan responded, I looked up to see Minho going "where is he going?" I asked him "to meet an old friend who lives here" he explained. I got out of the pool "ah here because I took yours" Minho quickly came back with a new towel and handed it to me "thank you.. take care" I told him so he smiled and nodded.

Minho's pov:

I used to be friends with a guy from my old school but eventually he left because his parents were moving away with him to Jeju Island, we lost contact long time ago and didn't meet at all. So I thought being here would be a great opportunity to see him after years again. Luckily he still gave me his new adress back then, I hope he still lives here though.

It only took me 20 minutes to drive, until I saw the house with the adress "seems to be the right one" I went out and headed towards the door.

I knocked and soon after that a woman opened, I could tell from my memory that she was his mother but she looked kind of exhausted. "Who are you?" She asked me "Ah hello, I'm Lee Minho. I am an old friend of Do-yun is he by any chance home I haven't seen him since he moved away" I explained. Soon her expression changed and became worried, she looked at me with guilty eyes "is anything wrong Mrs. Oh?" I asked her concerned "I'm so sorry Minho, but..." A tear rolled down her face and I didn't know how to understand this whole situation "what is it?" I tilted my head slightly "Do-yun passed away 2 years ago.." she explained and with that my heart sank down immediately. "What?" I stuttered.

We were sitting on the couch and she was bringing me a tea. "If I knew your number I would've informed you sooner, I'm so sorry" she rubbed my back, but I was deep in my thoughts "oh no it's not your fault" I smiled a bit. "Just...why?" I asked myself "he was sick since he was very young already it was told to us that he would manage long anymore" she looked down "what? He was sick?" I was in disbelief, he was always smiling and never told me about that. "He must have thought it would have been a burden for you, he barely told anyone because he didn't want to think about it either. That's another reason we moved here, it was his dream since he was little to go here" she explained. Do-yun and I weren't close for many years until another friend of mine who was friends with him too invited him so we all hang out together. He was a really fun person to be around with and laughed a lot. He was like joy in person. We weren't best friends but he was definitely there to listen when you had worries, I'm not at all the kind who opens about worries but he felt so trustful. He was a good person.
All memories with him suddenly came back that I all forgot, I felt bad that I didn't know about his Illness and I didn't gave him my phone number back then. I tried to stop a tear that wants to fall down "His grave is near feel free to visit him." She suggested. I especially feel bad for her.. some people just expirence unfair things in life I guess.

_

"Drive safely please, I'm very sorry again" she said "No I feel sorry, take care" I slightly raised the corner of my lips.

Y/N POV:

I was wondering if Minho was having fun with his old friend because he stayed quite long. I went to the kitchen to get some water when I saw a car stopping infront of the house, "oh he's back" Joy filled me. I took a close look at him but he didn't seem to stand up his hands were also still on the wheel, so I went outside. He looked upset which made worried so I went inside the car on the passenger seat and closed the door "Minho, are you okay?" I asked him concerned just in that moment a tear rolled down his cheek which made me soft immediately "oh my, what happened?" I asked him worried "he's gone" his voice was shaking, I didn't really know what he meant but already could think of what happened "it's okay Lee know, I'm here" I bend over to give him a hug, he first hesitated but then more tears began to fall so he hugged back sobbing into my shoulder. "I should have known it before" He blamed him "Don't give yourself the fault" I rubbed his back as my other hand went softly through his hair trying to comfort him. I took a look at him, he couldn't even raise his head. I was trying so hard not to cry myself. "C'mom let's get out first" I told him, he just nodded and went outside. He stood there like a lost child then whiped away his tears turning around "you don't have to he ashamed of crying you can let it all out" I hugged him again.

We went inside and sat down, so he told me everything. "I'm just in shock.. I don't know" He huffed a bit "of course you are, even though you weren't that close with him anymore after all it's still a person who died." I rubbed his back "he could have lived a long happy life" He looked down "He for sure lived a great life, he probably made the best out of it that he could. He was a strong person try to remember him like that, that's what he would want too" I explained so he faced me then smiled a bit "thank you" He said "Don't worry, I'm always there to listen" I answered.

Since we actually had plans for today, I told the rest that they could go and I would stay here with Minho. He was the whole day just sitting on my bed being on his phone and doing nothing at all, which I could for sure understand. "You should eat something" I came inside which made him look up "I'm not hungry" he rejected. I went to the kitchen and took some Ramyeon and prepared them for him.
"Just eat it" I handed it to him, he sighed but eventually ate it. I sat down next to him "after eating you will get more energy again you look very tired" I noticed "mhm" He responded not wanting to talk at all.
He ate up and went to throw it away, then came back to my room and sat down on the bed again, I really didn't know what I should do to make him feel better I only thought of one thing but I didn't know if he would feel comfortable with it. "Do you... want to cuddle?" I suggested regretting I asked it right after "huh?" He looked at me. I sat down next to him then slowly pulled him down so he was leaning against the wall and put my head on his shoulder. What am I even doing this isn't cuddling at all, but I was too nervous to think. I heard him laugh a bit, then he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me down a bit so I was laying on his chest "that's what you call cuddling, didn't we already do this before" He quietly chuckled a bit "You did it, I was just laying normal" I reminded him "sure"

I slowly put my arm around his stomach to feel more comfortable, I heard his heart beat getting faster by my action which made my hopes go slightly up.

Minho's pov:

I am glad that she was there when I needed someone, that made me feel even more comfortable around her that I didn't even mind being that close to Y/n. I looked down at her and her eyes closed, I definitely want more than just being friends..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~