08. bowling night

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

"WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE, AGAIN?" Hope got out of the car. A few minutes ago, Scott told her to go with her, and dragged her with him. Apparently, Stiles was waiting for them outside their house with his jeep.

"I already told you, I talked with Derek and he told me that if I go where the accident happened, maybe I could remember something."

"Okay." she nodded. "Like if your memories were blocked."

"Exactly." Stiles marched to the fence and attempted to climb it. "Okay. Hope, you stay here, we won't take long."

"What do you mean we?" Scott asked.

"And why do I have to stay behind?" Hope added. "Do I have to remember you who is the human and who is the tribrid here?" She raised an eyebrow.

Stiles replied with a sarcastic smile and continued. "First, I mean, we. As you and me, Scott." he pointed and then looked at Hope. "And second, you shouldn't come, right now you can't waste energy. What if the alpha shows up here? What if-"

"Shut up!" Scott yelled. "None of you are coming. I'm going alone. You guys stay here to keep watch."

"But-" Both of them said, but Scott was already inside.

Hope and Stiles looked at each other and sighed.

"What do we do?" Stiles asked.

"I guess we wait." She simply said.

They sat beside the fence next to each other and stared in a fixed point. There was silence in the ambient. All of a sudden, Hope started hearing voices again, she could hardly hear them, but they were starting to annoy her. She needed to break the silence. Apparently, she wasn't the only one who needed to break the silence, because when she opened her mouth Stiles talked.

"What I said..."

"What?" she asked confused.

"That you shouldn't go." he said. "I didn't mean that you were weak or something, you know? I mean, I know you're the tribrid, basically the most powerful creature in the whole world, which, by the way, stills freaks me out. I know that..." She laughed at the comment and he looked at her just before looking down again. "I just... I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

Hope glanced at him, feeling a mixture of confusion and heat.

"It's okay. I... I know you didn't mean it that way." She looked up, "I also don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

They both stared at each other. Stiles's look lowered to her lips. Nothing was heard at the moment. Not even the voices.

Suddenly, a light got her out of the trance. She searched for where it came from and saw someone with a lantern far away.