Chapter 7: Shadow Dance part 1

Samantha's P.O.V

Tomorrow night is to the school dance, and today after school, I was planning on asking Kevin to go to the dance with me.

"Hey, Kevin," I said, knocking on his bedroom door.

"Hang on," Kevin said from the other side of the door.

After a few minutes, the door opened up to reveal Kevin wearing yellow pajama pants with orange flames on them.

"Did you need something, Sammy?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you want to go to the upcoming dance with me," I replied with a smile.

"Sure, I would love to go to the dance with you," He said.

"Great, well, I'll finish the dishes, then get to bed. See you in the morning," I said, heading back downstairs to the kitchen.

"Alright, good night. Don't wear yourself out doing the dishes; it's already 10:20 pm."

I nodded as I headed downstairs to the kitchen to finish the dishes. I was washing before going to ask Kevin to the dance.

***

After finishing the dishes, I headed back upstairs to get ready for bed.

While walking to my room, I could hear Lance talking to Kitty on the phone.

"Hey Kitty, how are you this evening," Lance said.

"Lance better not stay on the phone all night," I called out. "Some people want to sleep tonight."

"Yeah, of course, Sam. I promise to keep quiet. Just don't go monster on me," Lance said with a gulp.

"Good," I replied as I continued back to my room.

Once I reached my room. I changed into a pink flowery nightgown and got into bed after brushing my teeth. With one quick check at my phone, seeing no new messages from mom. I drifted off to sleep for the night.

***

Third-person POV

The next day...

Samantha, Rouge, and Mary were walking together from the parking lot inside of the school.

"So you and Kevin are going to the dance tonight?" Rouge asked.

"Yeah, I asked him to go with me last night," Sam replied. "I figure that it has been a nice way to relax. What about you, Rouge and Mary?"

"Probably not. I might be able to touch you a little better without my powers hurting you, but I still wouldn't be able to touch a guy to dance with him," Rouge said with a sigh. "Besides, I don't even know who I would ask to the dance."

"Alright, I understand your point, Rouge," Sam said. "What about you, Mary?" Sam asked.

"I have only been here for a short while. So I don't even know anyone I want to ask to the dance," Mary said. "Besides, you know there is only one thing I care about, and it's not the dance."

"Fair point," Sam said with a sigh as she decided to continue the walk inside without the twin set of emo girls or whatever you want to call this set of I couldn't care type of girls.

"Those girls are such a pain to hang out with sometimes. She is always complaining about something. Better than ms. Boom, though.' Sam thought, shaking her head.