The pilot

02 May 2022

It is late afternoon the beginning of the spring the end of winter there is a strong wind blowing the snowflakes that fall from the sky. The two 16 year old running through the snow a husky racing in front of them. Through the village people try dodge the two girls and soon enough they reached the pier. Walking slowly on the pier to ensure not to slip crouching down they moved their gloved hand to clear snow. They then sit down out of breath. Jessie and Kylie have been best friends since 5. This was where they met and where they often go to talk or look out at the lake called the Impossible lake called this because even in spring cold weather the lake only freezes over in winter. They now recently stare at the hot fisher boy Jake. He goes to their school his mum is one of the fisherman he is currently in training everyday (Obviously not in the winter) at this time he drives the boat just past the two.

"How do you feel about tomorrow?" Jessie asks breaking the silence patting her dog Rose who layed between the two.

"Nervous I guess not only the first day of school it dealing with Rebeca again." Kylie says the two frowned at the name the popular girl in school. The school has two holiday summer holiday like every other school and the winter holiday however start at winter as it closed as the temperature drops fast. It would make more sense that you start a new year in a new year.

"Same." Jessie says. "I mean sure we know all the people in our class but the class will be harder I don't think I'm smart enough I barely passed primary school."

"Stop doubting yourself you are the smartest person I know." Kylie says the two smiled at each other.

"It's cold want to head back." 

"Yes." 

Walking off the pier.

"Race ya." Jessie says signalling the two to start racing back to Jessie's cabin Jessie started to slow down while Kylie ran ahead reach the cabin Kylie reached right at the door while jessie stopped at the staircase breathing heavily the air cold enough you can see the two's breaths. 

They walked on in.

"Girls! I have made you two some hot chocolate." Jessie's mum called from the kitchen Jessie's mum and dad owns the café the hot chocolate recipe is my grans. We walked to my mum and grabbed our hot chocolate with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon a huge marshmallow wrapped around the straw. Both of them started drinking immediately the warmth of the hot chocolate settled into their stomach warming them from inside out. Walking to Jessie's bedroom which Rose had already got herself comfy on her own dog bed. The front door opened and shut meaning Jessie's mother left. The two chatted a bit more before Kylie needed to leave go back home to her grandfather and her brother. Jessie walked Kylie out they hugged goodbye promising to meet each other tomorrow morning outside Kylie's house. Now Jessie is home alone wandering around her cabin. Walking into the kitchen she saw her mu left her a note:

'Jessie me and your father are working late tonight we'll se you in the morning'

"Forgot I'm going back to school tomorrow not like it the sixth time." Jessie sarcastically said to herself knowing she can't say it to her parents. One their too busy that Jessie can't even start up her conversation. Two parents get angry and the argument is all the same always leads to money.

Meanwhile Kylie is walking through the Snowdon reaching her slightly beaten down cabin she saw that her grandfather is out side she rushed to his side.

"Grandad! What are you doing out here?" Kylie scolded gently grabbing her grandfather arm guiding him back into the house setting him on the couch before grabbing a log throwing it into the dying fire in the fire place.