Chapter 2

***

***

LUNA

"You know, I always wondered what your reaction would be when we saw each other again...but a punch in the face is not what I expected."

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod," I cover my mouth in shock. "I am so sorry Milo! I didn't know it was you!"

"–Is this finally karma for that one time I opened one of your birthday presents when we were kids." He continues as I quickly move forward to check if he's okay. I pull away his hand that is covering his eye, to see the damage I've done, and wince when I see that his eye and the skin around it is an alarming shade of red.

Whilst I'm freaking out and examining his face, Milo grins and pokes his finger into the groove in my cheek. "Hey, it's gone deeper since the last time I saw you." He comments before letting out a surprised gasp.

"What?" My eyes grow wider. "Are you more hurt?–"

"Did it swap sides?"

"Did what swap sides?"

"Your dimple!"

"No, it's in the same place it's always been." I pause, going quiet. "Is memory loss a sign of concussion? Oh God. How hard did I punch you?"

"Quite hard," Milo frowns, a groove appearing between his eyebrows as he furrows them in confusion. "Why did you punch me Luna?"

"I didn't mean to. I thought you were a creep! I didn't know it was you!"

"Well how could you?" He replies with a shake of his head, "I've been screaming your name down the whole street, trying to catch up to you, but you couldn't hear because of those chunky things." He gestures to my headphones which are still blasting music into my ears. I quickly take them off and shove them into my bag. "Where did you learn to punch like that anyway?"

"You." I raise an eyebrow. "Remember your self defence lessons?"

"Right, I remember," a smile touches Milo's lips. A smile I haven't seen in person for over a year. "Well, I see I taught you well with the punch because it's still as powerful as ever."

Guilt floods through me. "I'm really sorry again. Your eye is really red. Can you see properly?"

Milo waves a hand dismissively. "It's kind of blurry but no biggie. I'm just annoyed that I can't see your gorgeous face very clearly."

I shake my head, unable to conceal the smile forming on my lips. "I forgot how big of a flirt you were." I say quietly.

He grins, nudging me with his elbow. "Only with you."

I laugh. Milo Kaneko probably came out of the womb charming all the nurses. He had always been all smooth confidence, twinkling smiles and witty remarks.