Loving A Killer - Part 9

I woke to find Jeff staring down at me anxiously. I smiled at him, and he relaxed. 'Want a drink?' He asked. There was still a hint of worry in his confident gaze. 'No - I'll be fine...' I assured him, though my throat was dry and my tongue about to crumble into dust.

He nodded, and I looked around me. The table was covered in crap, empty glasses, dirty plates. The kitchen was in an even worse state. A pile of dishes practically touching the ceiling, and an overflowing trash can. I would've cleaned up, but I felt far too weak.

'Wanna rest some more?' He asked me.

'No, I need to recharge my bones.'

Ben burst into the kitchen. Anger coursed through my veins. 'Fuckin' asshole!'

I screamed, batting at him angrily. Jeff pulled me back.

'She's tired,' he said, hushing me momentarily.

'Jeff,' I whispered in his ear. 'Shall we?'

He looked at me, concerned at first, but then a sly grin crept across his face.

I kissed him, holding the back of his head fondly, then gripped his penknife.

I nudged his heel, wrecking up his boot lace. He broke away, and I slipped the penknife into my pocket. As Jeff bent to 'retie his shoelace' (grab his other knife) I watched Ben cautiously. He didn't seem to have any idea of what we were doing. He was much more interested in the growing pile of dirty dishes.

'Let's go,' I whispered, and Ben spun around. 'Now!' I cried, leaping towards Ben and releasing my borrowed penknife.

I pushed him up against the sink, and he was just about to fight back when Jeff put the knife to his throat. 'You never did tell me - why AM I a cheating, lying bitch?'

Five minutes passed. 'Time's up.' I clenched my fists, tightening my grip on the penknife, and driving it through his left eye. I carved a smile on his face, rising at his cheeks and falling at the dip of his chin. 'Beautiful,' Jeff whispered. Self pride consumed me, and I stepped back to let Jeff finish him off. It was pretty scary; Ben wasn't even dead yet.

'Leave him.' Jeff muttered coldly. I nodded, smiling. Jeff smiled back at me.

We ran outside, leaving the others gaping behind us. Muffled screams were heard as we ran through the forest. The idea of dark mist was the last thing on my mind. Jeff and I were the most dangerous things in our town. Or would be, in the fullness of time.

TO BE CONTINUED...