Loving A Killer - Part 8

I was nervous about going to this house. Even more so about the story going on between Jeff and Jane. 

'Pack a small bag,' Jeff told me. 'We'll be spending the night.'

'Okay,' I whispered, running up to my room. I felt like a zombie. Completely unaware of my surroundings, and no idea of what was going on in the world. I packed lightly, night things, new clothes, toiletries, phone and charger. I felt that was all I needed. 

'Alright,' Jeff called up the stairs. 'You ready?' 

'Yep.' I yelled back down. As I stepped outside, I saw a black car, new, sleek and sexy. 'Where'd this come from?' I asked as he opened the passenger seat door for me. 

'I have very good friends.' He said it absent mindedly, and almost as if he were drunk. 

'Kay.' I sat down and buckled up. 'So - how far is this house?'

'A few miles south of town,' he said, lighting a cigarette. 'Were gonna have to walk through some woods though.'

'Fine by me.' I said, whilst making sure I had all my stuff in my bag. 'Crap - forgot my toothbrush...' I was just about to get out of the car when he said; 'Share mine.' 

'Alrighty then.' He put the cigarette to my lips. 'I don't smoke.'

'You just keep on getting more and more adorable, every second.' We both grinned - It'd be hard not to - and Jeff drove. 

I don't know what Jeff's idea of 'a few miles south of town' was, but it really wasn't fifty miles toward Nebula Forest. (Which was west... D8) Nebula means dark mist, and I've always been shit scared of going in there. My cat once ran in, and I took twelve steps forward before I chickened out and ran home. The cat returned the next day, with a big black mark on its side. I never went near the cat again...

We finally arrived at the forest of the dark mist. I looked around, feeling as if I were in some horror movie. Jeff strode forward confidently. I lagged behind. 

I only caught up when I saw a house up ahead. There were many windows - It was like a large cottage or cabin. Strangely pretty, too. I looked in at one of the windows and stopped dead. There was a man there - a man with no eyes. 'J-Jeff?' I tugged at his hoodie sleeve. 

'Yeah, Amber?' 

'T-That guy!' Jeff laughed at me. I looked at him as if he were crazy. 'We're still going in there?' 

'Of course! I'll introduce you to everyone once we get there.' He was still snickering as we got closer to the house. 

*

Eyeless Jack. That was his name. Quite friendly too. I met some others. Masky - a dude with a mask that seemed more interested in my chest than anything else. Slenderman - Eight foot tall, NO FACE, bald, tentacles protruding from his back at every angle, and wearing a tight black suit. Hoodie - guy with a hood. Everyone was really nice - but then things started to get freaky.

SALLY walked down the stairs, closely followed by JANE

'Sally! Jane!' I hugged them both.' So - this was the house you were talking about, huh?'

'Yeah,' Sally rubbed her arm awkwardly. 

'So we have a visitor.' Jane narrowed her eyes at Jeff, who was stood close behind me. 'An uninvited one.' She looked suddenly worried. 'I mean - your always welcome, Lyn, but him...' She shook her head in disgust. 'We meet again, Jeff the Killer.'

Before Jeff had time to say anything, Ben staggered down the stairs, holding a can of beer and slurring angrily at me. 'You... you cheating, lying BITCH!' He screamed. The look on my face was probably a mixture of horror and confusion. 'W-what?' I stammered, just before he punched Jeff in the face. 

Okay - things were getting personal. I yanked Jeff's hood backward, knocking the penknife from it's home. I twirled it expertly, and threw it into Ben's foot. He couldn't move - I'd thrust it in so far the handle was nudging the tip of his foot. I gripped his neck and stared down at him.

'Okay asshole - I don't know what your game is - but why am I a "Cheating lying bitch"?' He didn't answer straight away. I gripped tighter, his face turning red.

Jeff stepped forward to help - I'm pretty sure he would have liked too - but I nudged him back with my heel.

'I could do this all day.'  He was struggling under my grasp. Nobody was coming to help him. I smiled as I ran my long, blunt nails lightly across his cheek. 'Answer me!' I dug my nails into the red flesh of his cheek. 

I knelt down, retrieved Jeff's penknife, and loosened my grip on his neck. Ben was just about to strike Jeff again, but he dodged and I shoved the knife onto his hand, forcing it back and demolishing the blow. 

A wave of anger washed all over my body, and I collapsed onto the ground.