To Start With Mark and His New Buddy

Mark lay on his bed, thinking on what just happened earlier. He shot an alternate and in turn he fused with it. It was Cesar's alternate. "How did this happen!?" Mark yelled. "You ask me?" The alternate said, "Wait, I could get Six!" "Six?" Mark asked, "You know him too?" "Excuse me?" The alternate said, "How do you know him?" "Long story but you are right, he could know an explanation for all of this." Mark said. He got up and left his room. He walked to the living room and turned on the TV. They saw his face and Six got out of the TV. "Mark, we meet again," Six said, "What do you wanna do?" "Six this important," Mark said, "Has this ever happened before?" The alternate got out of Mark's body like Venom with Eddie. Six stood in shock at what he just saw. "What happened?" Six asked. "Well..." The Alternate said.

~Flash Back~

Mark huddled in his blanket on his bed. His gun was slipping out of his hand due to how sweaty it was. He was scared and he didn't know what to do. His friend was dead and an alternate took his place. Now that alternate was gonna kill him. "L-L-Let me in Mark," It would say in 'his' voice. He couldn't bare it. He stayed for a few more days. until he heard foot steps coming closer to his room. 'Who else could be here?' Mark thought. "Does he know that Cesar is alive?" A different sounding alternate said. "No, once I kill him, I'll get Cesar next." The alternate tormenting Mark answered. That stunned Mark. Not only was his friend alive but if he were ever to die, Cesar would die afterward. He couldn't let that happen. He couldn't. Cesar was the few people that he that he cared for in his life. The other two would be Dave Lee, his uncle, and Six(An intruder). He looked at the gun in his hands and he knew what he had to do. He had to do something no one had done before. Kill an alternate.

. . .

More days have passed and Mark was ready to open the door. He didn't care if he would die with the alternate for killing it. He grabbed his pistol and headed towards the door. He firmly grabbed the handle knowing it was now or never. He swung it open with sick laughter start. Fueled with rage when he saw the alternate laughing at him. "YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" Mark yelled and shot the alternate. The alternate stopped laughing as the bullet pierced through it's skin. This wasn't suppose to happen. Humans could never have the guts to retaliate against them but Mark did just that. The alternate felt it's body move closer to Mark's. Unwillingly, might I add. "What the..." Mark muttered, thinking that this is not what he expected for a reaction. Then a swift motion of them both combining into one. Neither of them knew that this would happen. The one thing that shocked Mark the most is that he knew the truth. The truth about what's going on and what the alternates tell people to make them kill themselves. Mark was religious to some degree and he knew people couldn't live through the truth but he had to, for Dave, for Cesar, for Six, even for his own sister Sarah. Even though they grew apart throughout of the years, he still had some care for her. He was going to live and he had to accept the truth. Because what the alternate said was right, "Humans wouldn't kill themselves if they just accepted the truth."

~Flash Back ends~

Six was shocked at this news. "Does anyone knows why this happens?" The alternate asked. "Not that I could think of," Six said, "I'll be right back." He crawled back into the tv and left Mark and the alternate to their own accords. Mark lay back down on his bed. "Since we're gonna be stuck here for who knows how long, what do you want me to call you?" Mark asked. "Uh, I don't know, I never had a name before." The alternate said. "Huh, how about C?" Mark suggested. "Ok, it's better than nothing..." C said. "Well, I'm going to sleep." Mark said. 

A few hours later...

Mark opens his eyes to see a doctor, his Uncle Lee, and a crying Cesar. "Uncle Dave and Cesar Salad?" Mark asked, his voice sounded drowsy, "What happened?" "Thatcher came because of a call and found you passed out with a bullet wound on your arm." Dave answered. "Wait, a bullet wound?" Mark asked, concerned about how did he get a bullet wound. "Mark, do you remember anything before you passed out?" Dave asked. Mark thought about it. How in hell would he explain to his uncle and friend that he attacked an alternate and fused with it. "All I remember is trying to go to sleep but I heard something and passed out." Mark lied. "The bullet wound should heal quickly," The doctor said, "Until then, Mark should stay with someone." "He can stay at my house," Cesar volunteered. "Are you sure you'd be mentally okay for this Cesar?" The Doctor asked, "You just came back from watching your mother die." Mark immediately sat up. "She didn't make it?" He asked. "No, I'm all alone and you are technically the only person in my life that isn't dead..." Cesar said. He wiped the tears from his eyes. "Mr. Lee, you are Mark's guardian, will you allow this?" The Doctor asked.  "Yes, I think it's the best for the both of you to stick together due to what happened." Dave said and then looked at the two teens, "Mark, Cesar, if anything happens, call me." 

. . .

Dave drove the two teens to Cesar's house. The two got out and headed inside the house. 'When are going to tell your friend about me?' C asked. 'Tomorrow morning, don't do anything that would freak Cesar out while I'm asleep.' Mark responded. Mark slept on the right side of the bed while Cesar slept on the left.