Under The Storm

Tom and I agreed to meet again in the treehouse today yesterday. We listened to some more songs and we talked a bit.

Apparently, Tom is eighteen and he has no siblings.

I didn't tell my mom about Tom. I don't know how she would react when I tell her that I'm meeting up with an eighteen year old boy in a treehouse to listen to music. Somehow parents always hear those things the wrong way.

I hear the cracks from the ladder and Tom's head appears in the entrance hole.

"I found a song which I think you're gonna think that's very cool," he says and he puts a USB in the air.

"Do you know the LaFontaines?" he asks and I shake my head. "This is one of their songs. It's called Under The Storm," he continues.

He puts it into the speaker and a clear voice starts to sing. A few seconds later, the guitar joins and the drums join directly after that.

Tom watches me and waits for my opinion. I smile and nod. "It is very good," I tell him. "Told ya so," he states.

He closes his eyes and moves his head on the beat. His hair goes up and down as he moves his head.

He is kinda cute.

No. I shouldn't think that. We're friends.

Are we friends?

When the song stops, Tom opens his eyes again and we stare at each other for a few seconds. Then we both start to laugh and I quickly turn a new song on.