Chapter 3

y/n's pov:

I accepted Loki's challenge to successfully prank or scare him about 2 weeks ago. I had tried scaring him multiple times but he just thought I was cute or he'd scare me first knowing I was hiding and waiting. I would sulk after for a few hours, depending on what Loki would do to cheer me up. The god really didn't like it when I was mad at him or I was upset. He'd do anything to make me happy again, the pack would chuckle at us. Because they knew I was easy to cheer up a lot of the time, I was just being difficult.

Loki would watch my favourite movies with me, take me to the library, take me to my favourite cafe or go there to get me a sweet treat and flowers. Yesterday he walked 18 blocks and back to look for my favourite taco stand and get me food. Him doing all of this by showing me how doting he was as an alpha. It was really attractive too, the omega inside me was screaming in excitement.

Loki had gone out today to get some of my favourite snacks because the tower was running out. He insisted on me staying here, part of him knew I was still sussing him out and testing to see how good of alpha he was for me. The pack thought it was amusing that I had a prince doing what I asked. Thor had even said Loki would usually never do this for anyone, so he was trying his hardest to impress me.

I was away with my thoughts when I noticed Loki had left his book on the table. One he had not finished reading. Prank time! I opened it at the bookmarked place and took out the bookmark. Then moving it 6 pages back, a subtle change so the smart god wouldn't catch on. I sat back smiling to myself until I could smell Loki, he was about to arrive on the communal floor, I ran to hide somewhere so I could scare him. I found the perfect place behind the bar, I didn't see the smashed glass all over the floor though and stepped right on it.

I yelped out in pain looking down at my feet that now had a giant glass shard protruding out my foot. One of the team must have knocked it off earlier by accident, without realising. The cut began to sting really bad, not to mention the other smaller piece of glass in my feet. Blood was pooling out of foot onto the floor as I whimpered in pain. I knew my scent would have been filled with distress and pain, I tried pulling the glass out bit it just hurt more. Another yelp and more tears were formed from gently trying to wiggle the glass free.

I could smell Loki now, which meant he could smell me. I wanted to run to him but I couldn't, not without hurting myself further. So I just sat in a small pool of blood and glass until Loki finally got to the communal space.

Loki pov:

I had finished shopping for Y/N and was making my way back up to the communal floor where I last left her. I had left her favourite show, Once upon a time, on for her to keep her occupied. Once I got to the 52nd floor I could smell Y/N's scent, still as sweet when I first smelt it, but something was different this time. I didn't know what it was that was different but there was definitely something wrong.

It wasn't until I got to the 59th floor that I understood what was going on. The elevator doors opened and I got hit with Y/N's scent, her scent was overwhelmed with distress. My eyes looked frantically for her but I couldn't see her out in the open anywhere. "Omega, where are you?" I used her chaste as a term of endearment to try and hide my own panic that was laced in my voice, probably in my scent too.

"Alpha.." I heard her weak whimper come from behind the bar, I left the groceries I'd already dropped and ran to her. I saw all the glass and blood around her. Friday's alert system was down today while getting repairs or updates, so my poor little omega couldn't call for help, her phone was on the coffee table.

"It's okay, I'm here to help, we need to get you down to med bay." I spoke soothingly, Y/N needed me to be calming and comforting. I lifted her bridal style and began to run while she nuzzled into me, still whimpering. The elevator was down on the bottom floors again and was taking too long for my liking. I made the quick decision to run to med bay by foot. I turned backwards to shove the door open with my back, turning back around to run down the stairs, luckily I was graceful on my feet so I didn't have to worry about falling and hurting Y/N more.