chapter 4

Loki and Bucky were protecting me from the pack, they all wanted to check on me but I just wanted my space. I'm happy the pack respected my wishes, as much as they hated me. It didn't stop them from approaching me one by one to give me things. Loki would tense every time they got close, he was protecting me. He didn't need to, but he insisted.

Loki started squirming uncomfortable, I mewled lightly. Worried that something was wrong with me sitting right next to him. Loki picked up on what I was mewling at pretty quickly. "Omega there's no need to move away, you're not making me uncomfortable. I just need the bathroom" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Why are you not going then?" The whole pack was listening to the conversation. "Because you need me here Y/N" He stated, such a stubborn alpha. An idea struck me just on time. "I need the bathroom too, we can go together. Wait for each other." I smiled innocently. Loki stood quickly picking me up walking in the direction of the bedrooms.

It didn't take me long to realise we were going to our private bathrooms and not the ones closest to the communal floor. He would let me walk in my own room, he wouldn't push my boundaries and enter my room without permission. His scent would overpower mine, none of the alpha's entered my room without permission. Or unless it was really necessary.

The whole walk there was in comfortable silence and Loki also didn't stop outside my door to let me go to my bathroom. "You can use my bathroom darling, I don't mind you coming in my room" He hummed, letting me know he was okay with me being in his room. He opened his door with his magic, so he didn't have to put me down. His room was the same size as mine but it was filled with bookshelves, deep mahogany wood and his signature colours.

It was warm and cosy, the room smelt like him heavily. It made me purr, I felt safe in here. "Sit here darling, I'll be back soon." He placed me on his plush bed, planting a kiss on my hairline, before he made his way to the bathroom. He left the door open a crack, not wanting to leave me completely alone.

I looked around the room, noticing his book on the bedside table. I took my chance and changed the bookmark placing again, before taking one of his cushions and inhaling the comforting scent of dark chocolate, nutmeg and musky vanilla. The smell of old books was a bit stronger here because of Loki's collection. I hugged the cushions to my body, it was soft and fluffy.

"Enjoying yourself there?" Loki joked light heartedly, leaning in the doorway of his bathroom. That dumb looking smirk playing on his lips. I rubbed my face on the cushion, chirping at the smell and the feel of it on my skin. Loki just stood there smiling at my antics, he was happy that I was happy. "I've never felt something so soft in my life." My hands and fingers are now kneading into the fluff.

"Come on, let's get back to the others, darling. I know you don't need the bathroom really" Of course he knew I was lying. But I didn't really want to leave the soft pillow and bed. It was much more comfortable than the sofa. I keened, indicating I was sad. Loki's face dropped and he rushed across the room. "Omega, what's wrong?" His voice was full of concern.

"I don't want to go back." I whimpered, I felt safe here. Out there it was too overwhelming. Too many alpha smells, too many people. My head was buried in the cushion. "Are you feeling overwhelmed, omega?" Loki's voice was gentle and understanding. "How about we take you to your room? So you can sleep darling." I kreened again at the thought of leaving this cosy room. Leaving safety, Loki's scent now had a twinge of distress lacing it. He didn't like seeing me sad, I know he was trying to figure out what to do to cheer me up.

The omega in me wanted to build a nest, somewhere I could curl up in and feel safe. I needed an enclosed space right now. Or just somewhere I felt safe, which right now was here. "Darling please tell me what you need...." Loki's hands found my knees and he rubbed them comfortingly. "Here..." I whined into the cushion, muffling my words.