Confrontations

Varun has known Mishti since his childhood. Over the years, he has seen her dealing with her pain. He has seen her put up a strong front, hiding her pain behind her smile. He knows how much the topic of her parents affects her. He has seen her fake smiles a lot to see through her facade.

When he heard about the events that took place in Rajvansh House, he expected an emotional Mishti, a frustrated Mishti, or even an angry Mishti. But never in a million years, he expected to see a smiling and giggling Mishti.

He was just about to enter his house when he saw a car stopping in front of Maheshwari House. Relief flooded through him when he saw Mishti exiting the car as she left Rajvansh House without informing her location to Nishant. The relief he felt soon turned to curiosity when he failed to recognize the car that brought her. He quickly moved from Mishti's peripheral view and eyed the driver's seat to catch a glimpse of the person.

He was shocked to the core when he saw it was Abir who brought her home. But what shocked him more, was the fact that Mishti was smiling at Abir and it was not one of her fake smiles that she usually reserved for people other than himself or her family. It was a genuine smile that brought light to her eyes, one that made her eyes sparkle. It's been a while, precisely 6 years, since he has seen such a smile on her face because of a person other than him or her family, that too, a person she met two days ago. Even though it was refreshing to see her smiling after the revelation, what he didn't understand was how Abir managed to do it.

He quickly recovered from his shocked state and messaged Nishant about Mishti's arrival who in return said that he was on the way. He asked Nishant to meet him at his house before going to Maheshwari House. Then he got out of his hiding spot when Mishti went inside her house.

When Nishant got to know about what Varun saw, he was also shell-shocked but what confused him more was how Abir got to Mishti. But he didn't want to ask Mishti about it yet as the most important thing was confronting his family on what he heard today. He knew that Mishti was waiting for dinner time to get everyone together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When Abir reached his house he was met with a worried Jugnu, who informed him about the present situation of his family. Dadi was resting in her room with Maasi and Rohit took Kuhu out to clear their minds. The only person currently suffering alone was his Nanko who went out to the garden after the revelation and hasn't returned since.

When Abir reached the garden, he saw Kunal lying on a bench with his eyes closed. Sensing someone else's presence Kunal got up to see his brother by fate standing in front of him with open arms urging him to share his grief instead of suffering alone. Kunal fell into the waiting arms of Abir breaking down completely after years. He let out years of pent-up sadness in his brother's comforting embrace.

"You okay now?" asked Abir after Kunal calmed down

"I am good Bhai. I am sorry. I didn't mean to break down like that. It's just that hearing about them after all these years brought back many memories and I couldn't hold it in. They were the only people I had, to call my own. And the accident took that away from me leaving me to fight my battles alone."

"I know Kunal. You don't have to explain yourself to me. It's okay to break down once in a while. I am always here for you Nanko. Tho agli baar apne aap ko akela bolne se pehle do baar sochna. Maar khayega thu mujhse."
With that, Abir turned to head inside, but stopped once he heard Kunal's next words,
"Bhai I have your arms to break down. But what about you?"

"Agar mein toot jayega tho baakki sabko kaun sambhalega? Everyone has their own ways of dealing with pain. I deal with it in my own way. Don't worry about me Nanko. Mein teek hoon." giving a sad smile to Kunal, Abir went inside straight to his room and locked the door.
He took a shuddering breath, controlling his emotions, and took out his diary, his secret keeper and started writing everything that happened that day.