Chapter 1

A/N: Hello! So here's my newest story, I hope that you all are ready for this ride! I have already completed this story so I should be able to upload 2/3 times a week if nothing pops up. Pretty please leave your thoughts and reviews telling me what you think!

Stefan like he's been doing quite often lately, reached out to wrap his wife in his arm only to realize that she wasn't there. She hasn't been by his side for years now, but nowadays he finds himself reaching for her and he wonders if that's supposed to be some type of sign.

He misses her there beside him. Her small yet curvy body being spooned by his large form. How his rough hands would glide along her smooth brown skin. How her feet and legs would always be tangled up with his under the covers and how his hand would run down her face and hair when he finds himself wide awake with her still out like a light. He misses her and her scent. Her perfect, sweet scent, and gorgeous emerald eyes and contagious laugh. He shakes his head to rid himself of the memory of her and sits up covering his eyes with his fingertips letting out a ragged breath.

A smile comes on his face when he hears his baby girl talking in the room right next to his. He gets up so he could see her beautiful face. His smile widens as he opens her door and spots her talking to Jeremy, her favorite teddy bear, before she starts humming a tune that he personally doesn't know, but it's beautiful all the same.

Austyn. His pride and joy. His one and only, his baby girl. She's the most beautiful girl in the world and he makes sure that she knows it because he hated the thought of her ever feeling anything but that. He knows that she's probably too young to be thinking about her looks and body image, but he still continues to tell her. From the day she was born to four years later, he tells her.

"Good morning, dad."

Stefan's smile widens if that's even possible hearing her cute voice behind her pink pacifier. "Good morning, Aussie."

"Did you have a good sleep?"

"I did, thank you for asking. Did you have a good sleep?"

"Yes."

He pushes himself off the doorframe and walks up to her kneeling down in front of her so he could wrap his arms around her. He pulls away to kiss her cheek and tell her that he loves her and kisses her again when she told him that she loves him. Stefan lifts his daughter in his arms carrying her downstairs to the kitchen to fix her the bowl of cereal she asked him for. Once the bowl is in front of her, he turns on the television as she's seated at her little table. He was going to get a start on his morning routine when the phone rings and the machine tells him that Elena Gilbert is calling.

Elena has been with them throughout it all. When he realized that his wife wasn't coming back, she was there to comfort him, to give him a shoulder to cry on. She was there to help out with Austyn whenever she could by babysitting or just taking her out for ice cream or shopping when she thought that Stefan was in need of a break even if it was just for a couple of hours. She's even offered to keep Austyn overnight, but Stefan would never let her. He would tell her that he was fine and that he could handle it, even when he would arrive home from work super late. She would question him and tell him that it wasn't a big deal if she stayed over, but at the and of the day, Austyn always ended up at home with her father.