Chapter 2

Ossi stood in front of the home of Aelfdene. She raised her hand to the big door and knocked on it. A few minutes passed and the doors opened up and Ossi quickly walked in. The doors closed and there was a gnome right next to her. "What is your business here?" the gnome asked Ossi.

"Please, I need to speak to Aelfdene immediately, something happened in my village." she said quickly as tears formed in her eyes.

"Royd, let her come." Aelfdene asked the gnome, Royd. Royd nodded his head and led Ossi through the hall to the expansive parlor.

"Goddess Aelfdene, it is a pleasure to meet you." Ossi said as she bowed her head respectively.

"What is your name my child?" Aelfdene asked her.

"My name is Ossi, my village is not far from your home, but there's trouble." Ossi told her.

"What seems to be the problem?" Aelfdene asked her with a kind smile.

"My village t'was celebrating the day Egil was defeated when all of a sudden, the ground cracked open and a beam of dark purple light appeared from the ground. A man rose up from the ground and my village elder, Inghram, walked to the man to see who it was. When the man showed his face, it was Egil. He has returned and he killed everyone in my village. But I managed to escape into the forest to find you." Ossi explained.

Aelfdene's eyes widened when she heard the story. This can't be, Egil returned? But we banished him. How did he return? Aelfdene thought to herself. "My child, I thank you for coming to me and I am forever grateful that you escaped the danger brought to your village. I shall notify the others of the situation. In the meantime, rest. Royd will show you to your room." she told her with a soft smile.

Ossi smiled and thanked her before following Royd to her new room. Once she was alone, Aelfdene closed her eyes to open the connection link between her and the other gods. "Everyone, something has happened in a village not too far from my home."

"What happened Aelfdene?" Aeldit asked her through the link.

"A small child named Ossi has informed me that Egil has returned and he has murdered her village." she told them. Everyone went quiet.

"How is that possible?! We defeated him and we banished him! He couldn't possibly return now after 8 years when we defeated him!" Aeric exclaimed.

"Exactly what I was thinking, why now? Why return now after so many years? It's possible he's doing this for revenge." Aelfdene suggested.

"We must take into account and make it a top priority to defeat Egil once more before he can enact his revenge." Osborn said. He has a point, if they were to band together once more and figure out a plan how to stop Egil this time, protect the innocent and themselves, they can defeat him once and for all.

"I agree, but we should also put in defenses for the villagers if he sends his minions to attack." Astrid added.

"Then we're all in agreement, we put in warriors at the ready to attack in each village and we meet at Gladsheim and come up with a plan to defeat Egil." Leif said.

Aelfdene soon broke the connection and she walked to her dwelling and laid on her bed and fell asleep thinking about the events she had just learned.