Love and Jealousy

"Can you tell me another thing about him, Andy, please?" I was eight and knew four things already, not including the thing everybody knew about him.

Andy smiles and sits on the bed, "honey I don't want you getting false hope about him."

"But mum," my cousin says from across the room, "he is good."

"Was," Andy corrects, still though with an uncertain look on her face.

"Is," My cousin mumbles.

That's how it has always been there, this question of did he, didn't he, was he, is he. Andy sighs a little bit, "Okay I guess one more."

"Why not three things?" I interrupt, trying to smile nervously. She tilts her head forward, but has an amused smile, "For the next three times I was going to ask?"

She sighs and purses her lips, "Alright then, let me think." I watch her in anticipation, "number five, I think it is," I nod vigorously to assure her, "he had a lot of tattoos, all meaning something that only he knew." I try to imagine it, but none of the pictures show any of that.

"Do you have any tattoos, Andy?"

She blushes and smiles, "no."

"Liar." Her thirteen-year-old daughter calls.

"Anyways," Andy drawls out, "Number six, he had a flying motorbike, he loved it." She murmurs.

My eyes grow, "Woah, that sounds awesome."

"Yeah," She says, softly, "he was about to sell it, too, to take care of you." Another one of those things that'd make her go really quiet, thinking, did he really-?  "Anyways, number seven," She pauses, looking conflicted, "He loved James, I don't care, bollocks, he did, he loved James and Lily and Harry and you. He really loved you."

"Finally, mum." Tonks grins, her hair turning yellow.

~~~

Why did he pick Angelina? I sigh and look up at the ceiling of the common room. George now stands above me, looking down at me like he already knows. "What?" I pout and cross my arms.

"What yourself," He raises his eyebrows and crosses his arms back at me.

"What?" I drone out, grumbling and sitting up.

George takes a seat next to me and continues to give me that annoying, knowing look, "I know what happened this summer." My face grows a deep red, "I was awake. I don't understand why you guys have continued on like it never happened."

"Obviously, it didn't mean anything," I snap a bit because it meant everything.

"Save it for someone who doesn't know you," George smirks and I smile back a bit, sighing and laying my head on his shoulder when he wraps his arm around me.

"Why did he pick Angie?" I try not to let it bother me, why should it? Even so, I can't stop the few tears from falling.

"I don't know, but please don't cry about it," he wipes them away, "Weasley boys can't stand to see anybody cry."

I smile and shake my head, shoving him a bit, "Weasley boys are big flirts."

"What Y/N?" He grins and leans toward me, "You don't like me?" George teases and starts poking at me, "You don't think I'm handsome?" I get up, laughing, and start running around the common room, "come on Y/N, you gotta like me," The taller twin laughs, chasing after me.

"George!" I stop running and turn to him, "I am sorry, but I cannot," I say, holding my head up and trying to hold back my smile.

"Okay, although my heart is broken, won't you at least join me at the Yule Ball?" He takes my hand and twirls me around, dancing with me.

I laugh as he spins me again, "I guess I could do that."

"What's going on?" We turn to the boy's dorm staircase and Fred is standing there with his hands in his pockets. He shuffles a bit and his eyebrows are furrowed, his mouth set in a frown.

"George has asked me to go dancing with him," I laugh and speak in a funny accent.

George stops with a shaky grin, as he analyses his brother, "can you believe it brother, someone so lovely would say yes to me?" I look over at George, his eyes say something more mischievous.

"Oh," he forces a smile and his laugh doesn't match him, "great."

Fred's POV

I watch as George comes into the dorm and starts pulling his uniform off, " I didn't know you liked Y/N." I say, trying to keep my voice steady.

I hear him mumble under his breath a bit, before turning with a big smile, "I mean who couldn't?" He says, walking over to his bed in just his boxers.

I purse my lips a bit, "why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't know I had to." He raises an eyebrow at me.

I almost want to scream at him, about stealing, taking, or just actually doing something about his feelings for the girl I-. I lay down and turn away from him. "You didn't."

~~~

I shuffle a bit and pull at my collar, "I feel like I'm choking."

George and I are in matching dress robes, standing nervously in the common room, "yeah, ties." George grimaces as he pulls at his own collar.

"So, Fred," Angelina comes down the girl's steps, "how do I look?" She turns back and forth and smiles.

"Beautiful, absolutely stunning." She did look beautiful, she always does, just like Katie and Hermione and Alicia, my sister, and my mother and every woman. They are strong, kind, smart, and stunning. That's what my parents taught me. But, only one woman makes me feel that in my heart.

And here she comes now, in a (color) dress, beautiful making my heart pound and drop as she jumps into my brother's arms. "Freeed," Angie sings with a knowing smirk. "Ready to give in yet?"

"Whatever do you mean?" I cover and offer her my elbow.

I look back as we step out of the portrait hole. Her eyes meet mine and her smile falls away and a hurt expression replaces it. I made her make that face, I never wanted her to make that face because of me. I guess I know how I make her feel now.

~~~

Your POV

"George," I say, gripping his arm tightly as we make our way to the ball, "I don't think I can do this."

"It's just a dance," He tilts his head down to look at me.

I frown and look down, "Yeah, a dance where the boy I love will be with someone else." I whisper.

"She finally admits it," George smiles softly and puts his arm around me, hugging me to his side, "I think you're going to be just fine."

I smile a bit, "I'm sorry you had to go to the dance with me, George." I frown up at him, "I'm sure there was someone else you wanted to go with."

He has this sad little smile come on his, "that person was already taken, so I am happy to go with my bestie." He grins and hugs me close.

I smile and shove him away, "whatever Georgie."

George takes my hand and pulls me out to dance. I look around for Fred, he is dancing with Angelina. He is smiling at her and spinning her, and I frown, tears filling my eyes. "Come on now, let's have fun, don't think about him," George whispers and spins me away.

Fred POV

I look around for Y/N and find her dancing with my twin. She laughs as he spins her and brings her back into his arms. It hurts to see her with someone else, let alone my brother, but if that's what she wants. I just want her to be happy.

"Fred," I look at Angie's sympathetic look, "why didn't you ask her in the first place?"

I blush at her receptiveness, "she would've said no and it would've changed us."

"How do you know?" She shakes her head, "You would think Fred Weasley would know what risk was." She murmurs and leaves me to find Katie.

I sigh and leave the room, pulling my tie out and undoing my top buttons so I can breathe. I go to our secret room, where the secret Firewhiskey is.