The Broken Resolve

One day, She returned to her tree and there was a note: " You are beautiful, no matter how much you want to believe you aren't." She didn't understand what was going on. Why was this note here, lying to her? What had she done now? So She ripped her heart out of her chest, barely beating, and wrapped it in some leaves then stuck it in the hollow of the tree. She pulled her blade from her pocket and wrote three new words, no THINGS on her sketchbook skin: FAT, UGLY,WORTHLESS. She cried to sleep that night and shivered in the dark, wondering why or who someone had left that note. So She began her morning routine the next day, and in the hollow of her tree was yet another note: "Smile, your real smile is too perfect not to be seen" and two pieces were set back in place in her heart. She screamed to the top of her lungs "WHY MUST YOU MOCK ME?!?!?". She collapsed right there in those dead flowers and cried until she could produce no more tears. She just screamed silently and clutched her heart in her hands the blade tapping against her hip saying 'cut you vile fiend, cut.'. She took that blade and violently carved three new words, no THINGS: HOPELESS,UNLOVED,BROKEN. She licked the blood clean from the glittering metal and slipped it once again into her pocket.