Chapter 2: Still Lima

I guess I am a little disappointed that May got her head shaved. Her hair was kinda cool. It was really frizzy and had little strands of blonde coming out at the top. But it was hard to do anything at all with it especially braiding it. The reason it got so frizzy is because she never washed it, or brushed it. May has a really bad sense of hygiene. She will probably never get a husband. My mom was the same way. She was really close to not attracting a male. If you aren't married by your 29th birthday, you could be paired with another single person if you were intelligent, or you are labeled infertile, and assigned a lower class job like a trash man, or a janitor. Thankfully my dad was on this crazy prescription drug that made him insane, so he married my mom. I consider myself lucky. Some people aren't lucky. If you don't "succeed" in life then you are killed. The way it used to be hundreds of years ago is if they didn't succeed in life they were let out of the gated community to life in peace with nature, but then there was a war between the outsiders and the insiders. That was when they started killing people. That war destroyed like two fence poles. Our community had to dip into their backup savings to install the new poles. The whole area was contaminated for weeks, until they finally fixed it. I heard that someone got a disease and died from just looking at they area. My dad got caught jumping the fence a few days after the fence was repaired, and he tried to play it off by saying that he was checking for a hole on the other side of the gate, but I told them that he was totally lying. The community must be really glad for people like me. Keeping the community safe and all. Lima Tateman, the hero of the day. My name actually means revision in Latin. My dad named me that because he predicted that my life would be an epic fail. But then I would have a life revision. I am still not sure what he meant by that, but I never bothered to ask more about it because I am lazy. The Greek meaning of May is pearl. My dad named my sister May because he predicted that she would be really beautiful, but I think he messed up on that prediction. My dad was somewhat intelligent, but like my sister and mom, he was really dumb. He was also a bit of a narcissist.