Seeing You Again

Tallstar walked forward cautiously, trying not to disturb any of the cats around him. "Jake?" He called from one side of the fence. "Jake.. please come out." Tallstar heard a semi-loud thud and jerked his head upwards. There on the top of the fence stood Jake, the cat his heart belonged to. "Jake.. I never thought I'd see you again." Tallstar purred, leaping onto the fence.

"Do I know you?" Jake meowed, obviously confused.

"I-It's me.. Talltail.. well, it's Tallstar now, but you've only known me as Talltail." Tallstar said, slightly worried. Jake began giggling hysterically. "Talltail.. I mean Tallstar, I'm just pulling your tail! How could I forget the cat that changed my life?" He purred. "Why are you back? You have a loving clan to lead, they need you.." Tallstar shot Jake a loving glance.

"The clan life got boring, and my paws kept dragging me to your fence, I couldn't resist anymore." Tallstar said. "Plus there is something I need to tell you that I regret not telling you moons earlier... Jake.. I'm in love with you.. It took me a while to sort out my feelings, but I know. My heart has ached day after day, moon after moon that I've been away from you Jake." Jake stared at Tallstar dumbfounded.

"Tallstar.. why didn't you tell me earlier?" Jake hissed, a sudden burst of anger hit him. "All this time I thought you didn't truly care for me. I forced myself to love another, to drop all feelings for you. I wanted to stay loyal to my heart, but I thought my heart was lying."

Tallstar shrunk back. "I-I'm sorry Jake.. I would have told you sooner, but I was scared. Then I got promoted to leader and life just got busy... I know I made a mistake.. but please.. give me another chance.. I can make it right." Jake glared at Tallstar.

"No Tallstar, it's too late. My heart belongs to Nutmeg and my kits now, you wasted your chance." He snarled. "Get over me and find a nice mate, like you made me. Just stay out of my life from now on!" And with that, Jake lept back into his yard and padded back into his home. Tears soaked Tallstar's fur as he wept. He lept down from the fence and ran back to camp. Once he returned, he went straight to his den. "Tallstar, are you alright!?" Barkface called, quickly following him.

"Leave me be Barkface.. I'm not in the mood." Tallstar mumbled through his paws.

"Please tell me what's wrong Tallstar, I'm your best friend you can trust me." Tallstar sat up, sniffling.

"Alright.. Well.. I met a cat when I went to get revenge on Sparrow named Jake. He saved my life, even though I had to live with his Twolegs. He traveled with me, and we grew very close. When we had to split ways, my heart felt like it had been shattered into millions of pieces. It took me this long to realize that I love him.. I just visited and he told me to go home and get over him and take on a mate, like I made him.. I regret not telling him sooner.." Tallstar managed through his tears. Barkface began licking Tallstar's head, attempting to soothe him. "Come on Tallstar, if he is gonna be a jerk, forget about him."

"You don't understand Barkface, I can't forget about him. After all these moons, I still love him.." Tallstar wailed.

"Tallstar, come on. You have to get over him. I had to get over my major crush on Doespring, you can do it." Barkface reassured.

"This isn't just some silly crush!" Tallstar hissed. "I am in LOVE, meaning my heart belongs to Jake, I can't stop that."

"Well I don't know what else to tell you Tallstar.. Come get me if you need to talk." Barkface meowed, leaving the den. Tallstar flicked his tail over his face and attempted to sleep.

A/N: Well, here is a little starter chapter uwu
I hope you like it!!