Chapter 2 :- Super Earth

"How can she just appear out of nowhere?"

"How do I know? I aren't a psychic like Syke."

"Hey maybe if we knock out Syke he'd be able to read her mind."

"You knock me out and I'll knock you out!"

"Hey just an idea! You can only read thoughts if they are thinking the same thing as you so...... So anyway what is so important about her again?"

"They want her cause she said no for some reason."

"No to what?"

"How am I meant to know? Thats all they said. She said no. So they want her. Look she is coming to......"

-----------------------------------

Penelope awoke to the sight of a small crowd of young people standing around her, looking down at her in awe.

She was in an alleyway, dressed in different clothes she had never seen before. It was a white tank top with tight fitting jeans that accentuated her long legs and on her feet were some type of upperclass high heels that she knew would make her feet sore after only a few steps. She hesitated to rise up, feeling somewhat frightened by the sudden unfamiliarity of her environment, and the confronting, unrecognisable faces that stared at her.

A solemn looking boy next to her with hair combed to the side and thick rimmed glasses gazed down upon her sprawled figure with worried eyes. He adjusted his glasses as though he was trying to scrutinise Pen better.

"Don't worry you'll be alright."

Suddenly she found herself laughing uncontrollably and couldn't understand why. Indeed all the kids standing around where she was lying were besides themselves, the air filled with their sidesplitting guffawing! Only the serious, nerdy looking kid who had spoken didn't laugh, his stern face a vision of obvious disgust as he panned his vision to his freinds around him. Nothing made sense to her at all.

"What is going on?!?" Penelope said as she rose up from the ground, her belly beginning to strain from the laughter. "Why am I laughing? I don't even know any of you!"

"His name is Serious," a blonde girl replied with tears of laughter in her eyes. She was slapping her pleated silver short dress where her thighs were. She didn't look very beautiful with her purple ill fitting blouse and half combed hair, but her kind nature shone through her imperfect looks and Pen felt like this short blonde girl somehow could easily be her friend. "And everything he says makes people laugh! Thats his power! Hahaha! Even funnier, he tries to be serious all the time! Hahahaha! Oh don't talk Serious, don't talk! Please, my guts are so sore....."

"But thats crazy! Hahaha!" Pen said. "And impossible too!" Penelope had gotten to her feet by now, but was still inwardly perplexed at why she was laughing.

"You think thats crazy? Bulla Baloo," a frivolous looking red haired boy next to Serious said. Suddenly Penelope and everyone around her was crying; except for the boy who said it, who was still laughing to his hearts content.

"Now I am bawling my eyes out!" Penelope said, snivelling with distraught, and yet inside she felt nothing but confusion. "This is absolutely crazy!"

The blonde girl had to find a shoulder to cry on and soon she was making Penelopes shoulder wet. "And thats StandUp as in Stand Up Comedian," she said in between sobs. StandUp had his puckered asian lips etched into an amiable open mouthed laugh that made Pen want to laugh, but it was impossible; she could only cry incessantly! "Everything he says makes people cry, even though he is the funniest person I know! That is His power!"