B. BUCCIARATI

═ ☆. IT SEEMED ODD THAT THE WORLD was continuing on as normal. Things were different. Signor D wasn't just an unknown face but someone to be located.

And killed.

The group was divided more or less evenly on the subject. Mista, Risotto and Abbacchio had no qualms about killing Signor D. To them, it seemed like the natural course of action. Meanwhile, Fugo and Trish were steadfastly against it. Narancia and Bruno were undecided, but they seemed willing to go along with whatever was decided.

You had found it worrying how quick Giorno had changed his mind after the meeting with his father. Perhaps Dio had done something to convince his son. At any rate, Giorno was now all for killing the Signor. Contrary to what you had expected, Giorno didn't have any instructions for everyone. There was no reconnaissance or research needed. They were to go about your schedules as usual. They all just needed a suit by week's end to coordinate with the fundraiser's black tie theme.

A tuxedo for a murder. That had to be funny somewhere.

Where were you supposed to get one, anyway? A decent one would be pricey—was there a good spot you could just rent one? Just as you were wondering about it, your phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Are you busy right now?" Bruno's cheery voice drifted through the call. "With the fundraiser coming out, I just booked an appointment for a suit fitting. It's always better to go with a friend, so I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

Bruno had to be psychic or something.

"I'm afraid I won't be of much help in that department," you said sheepishly. "I know next to nothing about suits."

You could practically hear the smile in Bruno's voice. "That's fine. I'll be happy to help you pick something out."

"Well, in that case, I'll meet you outside the dorms in five."

"See you then."

Outside was all buttery sunshine and sweet air. You almost didn't mind how many people were out. Today was the kind of lovely day that made staying inside a waste. You enjoyed a companionable walk with Bruno to the tuxedo shop, listening to him talk about "eccentric" people in his classes.

The tuxedo shop was tucked away on the street reserved for boutiques and jewellery stores. You peered up at the name, sounding out the English words slowly.

Tip ... Top ... Tux.

Bruno opened the glass door, tipping his head for you to enter. You instantly froze when you saw that there was no one in the shop but a blonde-haired attendant with a deadpan expression.

"Buon giorno," Prosciutto said. The greeting appeared reflexive because when he saw you, his face tightened.

"Buon giorno, Prosciutto," Bruno greeted, as friendly as ever. "I managed to get them to come with me, thankfully."

Prosciutto inclined his head. "The shop is yours for the morning."

"It is?" you said. They looked around the shop. "Is it just going to be us here?"

Bruno looked a little confused. "This store serves their clients by appointments."

"I—" you struggled for words. "I am not spending an hour here with him."

"An hour?" Prosciutto raised a thin eyebrow. "Oh, you'll be here until lunch at least."

Lunch? Three hours from now?

A light came into Bruno's eyes. "You're still upset about the lighter incident, aren't you? I can't speak for his character, but when it comes to suits, he's perfectly capable. Giorno and I don't go to anyone else."