chapter 9

__________________

a few days has passed since and thoma hasn't really been in contact with ayato since the two have been busy with their own things.

the sound of cocktails shaking at the bar. the blond tossed the cocktail shaker a few times up in the air along with some tricks up his sleeve to impress the ladies and gents.
"here you go, ma'am and sir" he smiled sweetly and he pushed both glasses to the two.

"don't you see! he's totally my type.. he's so cute!! i wonder if he's taken.. could you ask?" thoma heard the girl whisper a few steps away. "no way! why can't you do it?! he'll think i'm gay" the boy next to her reacted dramatically."cmonn! he probably gets asked that multiple times since he's so attractive, good looking, nice, sweet, good at his job.. and maybe good in bed.."

thoma let out a small disgusted noise just loud enough for the two to hear. "ew, you weirdo. you heard that? he probably heard you say those weird things and gagged at it"
the man scoffed. "shut up! you're just saying that because you can't get up to his standards" she scoffed back.

the blond approached the two with a small clap, "is everything okay? need a few refills or anything?" the woman straighten her posture and fixed her hair a bit as thoma spoke. "haha! no, we're good.. but just a small question. are you... perhaps taken.."

before thoma could respond diluc ran into thoma, hard, purposely. "oucH!" the yelled crashing into the door that led to the break room. "whoops sorry, he didn't look like he was doing his job. but anyways, are you two good?" diluc smiled sarcastically.

thoma got up and pushed diluc back slightly. "what was that for?!" he whispered loudly.
"im tryna save you from that question.. and yes i was eavesdropping." the red head crossed his arms.

"i can do it perfectly fine, thank you" the blond crossed his arms too.

break time, thoma was sitting on a chair, with his phone in his hand and a energy bar in the other. a text popped up. interrupting his business.

___

ayato
you off tmrw?

thoma
mhm
why?

ayato
i missed you
wanna go somewhere tmrw?

thoma
missed you too
i needa keep up with my gym schedule and stuff so im not sure if ill be fully free
but i can try to do some of them the next day

ayato
hmm, we can go gym together
what gym do you go to?

thoma
i forgot the name but it's near the club

ayato
near the club you work at?

thoma
yep
wait
dont you have like work tmrw?!?!

ayato
it can wait

thoma
you dumbass

ayato
what else do you need to do?

thoma
well diluc and i take turns cleaning the house like once a week
i dont think you know how to clean....

ayato
you're right
be my wife thoma