Chapter 16 - The Grand Escape

"Come on, you little shits, we need to get moving!" Yelled Koda as she, Maki, Gima, and Leon all ran out into the main lobby of the high school, a large staircase leading up to where the classrooms were. By the front door lay a black duffel bag, embroidered with pink stripes down the side. Koda slid over and opened it, revealing a slew of... weapons.

"Holy shit, Koda! Where the hell did you get all of these?" Leon cried out as the other woman casually sorted through the bag and began pulling more guns out. "My brother lent them all to me a few years ago from a military surplus store in Europe.. said to only use them in case of an emergency, heh."

She would then toss Leon a pistol, as he looked down at it oddly. "That's a CZ P-07. Packs 16 rounds of 9 millimeter in the mag. Do you even know how to fire a gun?" Koda asked, as she continued searching through the bag.

"Umm.. no.." Leon replied awkwardly, holding the pistol and aiming it around.

"Then it's too fucking late for lessons.. just make sure to know where you're aiming and don't shoot your dick off." Koda said, giving Maki an HK45 compact, and grabbing herself an MP5K submachine gun. On the other hand, Gima got a replacement. A snub nose Colt revolver.

"Here's the plan.. Leon, you take Maki and get as far away from the ground floor as possible. Me and Gima here will try to flank around and exit through the loading dock behind the kitchen. Now I don't even know what we're going up against, but if we hit any obstacles, we will kick ass." Koda said to the group as she used the palm of her hand to smack down the MP5's charging handle. But as they got ready to move, Maki stopped suddenly and pointed to the stairs.

"Shit... we have company!"

Two security officers doing their rounds came to the top of the stairs and spotted the four, and instantly sprung into action. Seeing them running down, Koda grabbed Gima by the shirt. "Split up! Leon and Maki, you got this!"

As they ran off, the two guards came running in, one of them drawing their own guns. Maki took aim and fired her HK45, the bullet striking the man's weapon and sending it flying. She then jumped up and threw a spinning kick that sent the officer into the floor. Meanwhile a third guard came running down the stairs, yelling into his radio for back up.

The second yelled and ran for Maki, throwing a punch at her face. She dodged and slammed her elbow into his chest, throwing her own punch to only be locked in a bear hug. As the guard struggled to hold her there, she grabbed his right hand and pulled down, breaking and dislocating his two fingers. Now a screaming fit, Maki elbowed him in the gut, and threw him all the way onto the floor in front of the stairs. Leon easily took down the third guard by throwing a right hook into his face, knocking him out.

Smiling, Leon looked over to Maki as she blew some hair out of her face. "I'm not gonna lie, Maki, that was pretty sexy."

Maki smiled back and blew him a kiss. "Thanks."

Aiming his pistol and making sure Maki was behind him, Leon ran up the stairs to the first floor, in hopes they could reach a fire exit somewhere and reach the top roof of the school. But before they could even get past the top, a group of 6 guards appeared, all circled around them. Mr. Doru appeared last, a smile on the bald man's face. "You've got balls, trying to escape Jindai at night."

Leon looked down at the man's belt, and saw that there was a very particular badge clamped on it. A detective's badge...

"Say, where did you get the badge?" Leon asked, as Mr. Doru laughed in reply. "It was left to me in Hitoshi's will!"

Soon the officers moved in, two of them grabbing Maki and Leon. Not looking to waste ammo, the duo started fighting once more, as Leon kicked the first guard down the stairs, with Maki punching the second one in the nose and pushing him right down the banister as he went crashing into a potted shrub that spilled soil all over the floor. Angry, Mr. Doru pointed at the teens and yelled. "Apprehend them! Don't let those fuckers get away!"