The start...

I was one of the things that went bump in the night. I was proud of what I was. I wouldn't want to change for anything in the world. At all; ever. You can never beat the feel of the first call of the full moon. You can never really get over the amazing feeling of the first shiver going down your spine, starting the change. You can never even quite place the little pop of pain when your bones begin arranging into a new alignment. But then again; you would never really know what it means to be one of us. To feel the tremors travel throughout your whole body, the first feeling of the change coming. Having the power to change into something else; someone else, when ever you wanted.

Living in a world full of the imaginary creatures your parents and fairy tale stories ever told you about has it's draw backs. Having to share every place with them, acting human so you don't scare them. It's like hiding who you really are from even your own thoughts. Like taking your true self and hiding it from the rest of the world. Its almost like a game of who can stay the most hidden and mysterious. Truthfully, it's one of the most horrible things that anyone could possible imagine. It wasn't always like this for us. There was once a time; only a few years ago, although it really felt like a dream, when we could do as we pleased. We ran freely, and could be our true selves. The world felt like our playground. We weren't around humans.

We lived in a tiny town in the mountains and ran a small Inn. It was a time when humans never believed in us. The pups I ran around with were Keeko, Tucker, Jackaboo, Topaz, Dare, Draden and my twin Audry. We were inseparable, but even the most inseparable groups have its problems... ours happened to just keep coming back.