Chapter one

Iawoke with a start. A loud pounding had driven me to consciousness again. Feet were pounding down the stairs in the hall way. Yelling could be heard below. I was disoriented for a minute until the sharp knocking came again, along with the yelling of my twin sister. It was hard to pin any other voices from out side of the door because fog was still leaving me in a haze, making my thinking process slower than normal.

"Get out of bed now! We have to leave." Audry screamed. The fog quickly evaporated and I was more awake than I had been in weeks. I jumped out of bed, my adrenalin pumping hard through my veins. Throwing my door open I saw my sister standing there in pajama pants and a tank top with her hair fluffing around her head.

"Aro killed again and was caught, he's being sent to jail. We have to leave. He's going to tell them about us, like last time! We don't have much time before they get here and start trying to investigate us again. Its too close to the full moon, if they held us we wouldn't have a chance. Eustacia said to come down stairs, there's an emergency meeting." She frowned and motioned for me to fallow her down stairs.

Eustacia was my mother, but she didn't like the title mom, it made her feel old. We had grown up being held at an arms length because her happiness came first. Audry and I were both daddies girls before he was killed two years ago in the last move. Since then mom had become more self absorbed. We were never miss-treated. She was still a great mom, she wasn't perfect. But who was?

She stood out in the crowed as i stopped on the bottom step. She had a determined glint in her eyes and a hardness set to her lips, but she still looked just as beautiful as ever. Her blond hair was pulled away from her face. Her long legs paced her back and forth in front of the fire place. She wore a velvet robe over her lavender, silk, pajamas. I hadn't realized how bad things must be until I saw my uncle Amen laying across the couch, a long, bloody, gash across his stomach. His face was bruised and blood streaked his wheat colored hair. He was bare foot and his jeans were in shreds. It was obvious the he had been in a hell of a fight. I had never seen him so beat up, and he was an amateur when it came to fighting.

Tears quickly came to my eyes. Thoughts began to race like a bullet through my mind. What could have happened to him? Of all people, why would he fight Aro? Not many were that stupid. Aro may not be the smartest cookie in the package but he had something that no one else did. He was good at letting his inner wolf take control, and it was a rouge. My heart began to race even faster and my knees grew weak at the fight scene passing through my minds eye. He always left behind a blood bath. He was ruthless.

My best friend, Tucker, quickly came to my side and took me into his arms, smoothing my hair back and telling me that it would be ok. He had always been the best at keeping me calm. My knees slowly stopped shaking and I felt more stable. I needed a rock, it felt like my world was starting to crumble again. I would never have been able to make it through our last move if it hadn't been for him.

"Quiet, all of you!" Rockly yelled in his normal booming voice. The room quieted. There was fear and anger in the air, the taste was bitter sweet on my tongue. The mix of emotions was an overpowering smell and I almost had to breath through my mouth. I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my sweat shirt and turned my full attention to Rockly.

"Now back to the Important matters on hand", he continued, emphasizing the word important. "As every one knows, Aro has killed and has been sent to jail. I'm afraid to say that he has told them of us. We must relocate immediately. He's left us no choice." Protests started up and everyone began yelling over one another. I knew that we needed to move, for our safety, but we had just settled in a year ago. I wasn't one much for violence so staying and fighting wasn't an option for me. Tuckers arm tightened around me as a chair flew into the wall next to Rockly.