Sleep Over

The whole ride back home your sister kept parading you with questions. Those few minutes that it took to get from the church to your house suddenly felt like an hour. You've never had to talk to your sister this much before or hear her even talk to you and it was agonizing.

They were mostly questions about Robin.

"Was that a boy you were with?" Her eyes were glistening with curiosity.

"Mhm." You just said, staring straight ahead and not wanting to look at Claire's stupid face.

"Who is he?"

"Robin."

"And you guys go to school together, right?"

"Right."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"No, now butt out of my business." You sighed, scooting away from her.

"Do you think he's cute?" Your sister smiled and poked at your side, trying to tease you.

"I guess. I don't know." You looked out of the window.

"Oh my god, you totally do. You definitely like him."

"Can you not, Claire?" You said as your mom parked the car. You immediately got out and ran inside in an attempt to escape.

"Wait a minute young lady, we still have to discuss you ditching church. Especially to go hang out with some boy." Your mom closed the car door.

You groaned and went inside anyway, keeping the door open for them and threw off your heels. "It really isn't that big of a deal." You said once you heard her walk inside.

"It most certainly is. How long have you known this boy?"

"I met him like two days ago. He's friends with Finney Blake, mom." You picked up Bailey who came running at you and sat on the couch, listening to her ranting already.

"So you barely know him and your already going around parading with him and doing god knows what? Doing drugs, graffiti, stealing, kissing, having sex!"

"Mom!" You shot up from the couch. "We were not-"

"You know boys only want one thing, Y/n."

"Mom, enough with this talk! I've heard one too many times."

"You may think your friends, but he'll just try to get in your pants and then kick you to the curb. I know how it is, honey. I'm just telling you because I care."

You shook your head, scoffing in disbelief. "You don't care about me. Not like dad does." You walked away from her, leaving off to your room and closing the door.

You tiredly slumped onto your bed, staring at the boring ceiling. Cared about you? She does not care about you. No, not how she cares about Claire. If she cared so much, where was she at any of your baseball games or school reward assembly's? Where was she when you got your first period? Your dad literally had to help you it was embarrassing.

Where was she when you needed her the most? Who cares where she was. She could suck it, just like your dumb bimbo sister.

When you thought this day couldn't get any worse, you remembered Robin. At least him and Finn will be at the performance, and the three of you could ditch together. It'll be fun.

——————

"Do I have to dress fancy?" You asked Claire while she was sitting on your bed, tying on her ballet flippers or whatever.

She shook her head. "No, dress however. It's not a gala. But, I know you invited Robin so maybe you could dress pretty for him."

"And why would I do that? I'm not dressing up just to please." You looked through your closet, looking for your white button down shirt that seemed to be literally no where.