Body And Soul

It's been a week since Robin has been claimed missing. They've sent search parties, bloodhounds and the whole damn neighborhood to go and search for him. Still, no luck. You on the other hand have been doing absolutely nothing but wallowing. Loathing in your own shame and sadness, it's sickening to watch. Claire has tried to support you with everything that has been going on, she's been extra nice lately. You had no hope. Robin could be gone forever, and you felt like the one to be blamed.

You could barely get up for school, brush your teeth or eat. These past few days have been nothing but a nightmare. You picked at the cereal Claire had poured and watched it get soggy. Tears have been mixed with it so it probably tasted salty. You pushed it away and sat up, stretching out your arms. Finney and Gwen
had come over, but that didn't help. All three of you were just sad zombies. You looked over to Finney to see if he was eating his cereal but he just stared at it. You sighed and looked away.

On TV the news played, and of course it was about Robin. Almost everyday when the news came on it was about Robin and his sudden disappearance. You watched to see if they would say anything important, but they didn't and Claire came and turned off the TV.

"Hey, I was watching that." You snatched the remote from her.

"Detective Wright is here. He wants to talk to you."

You watch him walk inside and you sit up.

"Y/n. Thank you for seeing us on such short notice."

"Yes," You glare at Claire. "Very brief."

"We just wanted to ask you a few questions if you feel comfortable."

"Okay."

Detective Wright sat beside you and folded his hands.
"He was last at your house before his disappearance, correct?"

"Unless he went to someone else's house, then yes."

"Which way does he walk when leaving your house?"

"To the right down Bingley St."

"A boy named Billy claimed you and him had talked to a boy named Jerome."

"Yes. He didn't say much. Just that he heard some
commotion outside of his house and then it suddenly stopped."

"He didn't go to check it out?"

"Apparently no one did. The whole neighborhood is suddenly hearing-impaired. Jerome said he was with a girlfriend."

"Say no more." He got up. "Do you know his address?"

"Yes, go all the way down and then turn left down Bingley St and the address is 1016."

"Thank you. And hey, everything will be fine. We'll find him."

You nodded your head and watched him leave.

School was ordinary. You tried not to slack off but you missed the boy who sat in front of you. You yelled at anybody who tried to sit in it and everyone thought you were hysterical. You were just grieving.

A girl about the same height as you and a pixie cut proceeded towards you and stood over Robin's desk. "Hi. May I sit here?" She asked.

"No, you may not." You said and leaned back.

"Oh." She frowned. "Okay." She turned around to leave but then turned back to you. "I'm sorry, but why?"

"Because someone sits here." You snapped.

"Are you waiting for them?"

"No."

"So I don't see why I can't sit here if they're not here."