Chapter 9

Maggie's POV: March had come and gone. It was April 20th. We had recently bought a house, that was big enough for us when we were ready to have kids. We've been settled in for a couple of weeks now. Scola and Tiff had been over a few times. We wanted kids after we got married, which would be in secret. We had planned to elope in the Catskills. When do you say? In 7 months or less.

We were aiming for November but didn't have a date set yet. We were staking out a place of a suspect. "So, we still need to decide when in November," he tells me. "We still have time for that," I tell him. "Well, it wouldn't hurt to book the date now so we know when to get an officiant," he reasons, using the binoculars to look towards the suspect's house.

"We aren't getting married until November, there's a lot of things we have time for," I tell him again. "We can schedule things ahead of time so we won't have to later down the road when we decide a date. Which we haven't yet," he sighed. "We can discuss this later tonight. We need to start a schedule. And still talk to Isobel about time off then," I add.

"Okay then. That I will agree with," he winks. We didn't press on our comms, so no one heard us. We spotted the suspect coming up to his house. "OA, there he is," I say, unbuckling. I took off down the street after the suspect. "I'm going the other way!" he yelled to me as I was going in the same direction as the suspect. I ran as fast as I could, I was over half a mile from him. I heard OA coming from the other direction yelling at the suspect to stop. I was winded to yell. OA had shoved him into some trash cans and aggressively put his hands behind his back and stood him up.

Scola had come from behind him. He handed the suspect off to OA and we both looked at each other. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Let's get home after we get the paperwork finished," he says. I didn't say anything, just nodded. I headed for the SVU and got in. I had been so exhausted this week, for no reason. I was off last week as well. I knew I couldn't be pregnant. We were waiting until we got married. It couldn't be possible if I was pregnant.

My energy had been lacking lately. And I was nauseous. I was 11 days late as well. We were getting married in November. As I calculated myself, I would be due January 7th, 3 days before when we first started dating. And the months after we got married. Which would possibly be moved down to when I had a smaller bump. If I was even pregnant.

We got back to 26 Fed and started the paperwork. I still wasn't feeling the best. I had finished my paperwork before OA. I wanted to get a test from the pharmacy down the block from 26 Fed. The weather had been nice. I rolled my chair across to OA and said, "I'll meet you in the parking garage. I have to do something first," I say. He gave me a puzzling look.

Wondering what I was doing. He didn't say anything. Which was weird. I snuck my wallet into my pocket and headed for the elevators. I nodded at the security guards on my way out. I headed for the pharmacy 2 blocks away. I walked through the doors of the pharmacy a short time later. I went down the aisle that had the tests. I picked up a digital test and a line test. I would do the line test first and if I couldn't see one line, I'd do the digital.

I paid for them and left. I went to a bakery down the road from it. I got a danish. This would be my secret from OA. I ate the danish on my way back to 26 Fed. I tucked the tests away in the paper bag after I finished. I threw the plastic bag away in a trash can as I was walking. I went through the security guards again and headed for the bathroom on the first floor. If I went up to our floor, OA would more than likely see me.

I locked the bathroom door behind me when I walked in. I took the first test. And waited 3 minutes. One line was very dark, and I couldn't tell if there was another line. Then I took the digital. I waited another 3 minutes. My phone went off. It was a message from OA wondering where I was. He was waiting on me in the parking garage already. I wished the test would hurry up already. As I looked at the test, it was on the last blinky thingy. I took a deep breath. I was hoping my instinct was wrong, but the test would tell otherwise.

I stared at the test once the blinking thing stopped. And my instinct was correct. I was pregnant. Now came the hard part. Figuring out how to tell OA. And telling the others, when we decided to or not. We would be getting married sooner than I thought we were. Well, Baby Zidan coming in January 2024. I now had to tell OA. How? I didn't know. I would figure it out later.