ix. disclosed details

The duo heard shuffling behind them and saw that Daniel was attempting to ruin the moment between the couple a few seats from them. Before he could, Jack took this as his chance to ask something of him.

"Oh hey, Danny, can i talk to you about my role in the show real quick?"

Daniel offhandedly ignored his question with a "yeah, sure" and a pat on his head.

Nikita watched as he interrupted the conversation between Merritt and Henley with the excuse of preparing for the show. She also perceived that they were starting their act.

They continued with their performance until they acquired their desired information.

Once they reached their destination, Nikita immediately went to the place she'd had in mind since she stepped on the plane. She was excited. Due to said excitement, she failed to notice the very arrogant, very paranoid man behind her following her to said place.

She stepped in the French Quarter, taking in the sight. She hadn't been here in over a hundred years. Nikita had to admit, she did miss it. It was one of the favourite places she had taken refuge in during Mikael's search for their family besides France and Ancient Greece.

She walked toward the place she called home a century ago, her heels clicking loudly on the pavement. The air was heavy with the sweet scent of freshly made beignets. She entered the compound to find it blasting with music, both humans and vampires alike filling the room. Nikita was confused. She thought, by this time, Klaus would have already taken over the compound.

Looking up, she saw a man. She immediately recognised him. His hands were on the railing of the balcony, peering and watching over the room. He looked content.

When his eyes reached her, they brightened, almost instinctively. He rushed down like a child would rush on Christmas day to get their presents. He ran to her, arms wide open, ready for a hug.

"Ma!"

He pulled her in a tight embrace and it didn't take her long to accept it, returning the gesture.

"What are you doing here? Come on, let me show you around."

Nikita wasn't able to get a word in as he dragged her to his study. They sat on the table and he called one of his men to get them to prepare a nice cup of tea for her, albeit he addressed them quite impolitely, much like a master would do his servant. Nikita didn't let this action get past her. So she went over to him and gave him a big slap round the back of his head.

"Ow, Ma! Big ring!" He directed to the ring holding a quite reasonably large diamond. "What was that for?!"

"What is this, 18th century? Treat your men with respect."

"Wha- I do treat them with respect!"

"Then, don't shout at them like they're at your constant beck and call. Address them politely."

"But-"

The threatening stare sent his way did quickly to shut him up. Although, the man behind Marcel couldn't stop his incessant giggling. He tried to cover up his laughs with a cough but failed incredibly.

Marcel wasn't always rude to his nightwalkers. He actually treated them with sincerity and respect. He was just so carried away, what with his mother visiting him from such a long period of separation.

"Could you be so good and get us a cup of tea, darling? Two sugars please." She called to the nightwalker, not yet seeing his face, who she found out was named Alfie from Marcel's previous shout.

"Of course, ma'am." Nikita was pleasantly surprised when she heard a familiar South English accent. The hybrid looked up to get a good look at the man. She couldn't believe it.

"Sergeant Jefferies?"

The nightwalker turned swiftly to face his previous general, still in disbelief that she was standing in front of him. He saluted her immediately. "General Mikaelson, ma'am!"

Nikita smiled fondly at her ex-comrade. "At ease, Alfie. You were turned?"

"Yes, General."

"Oh, enough with the courtesies. How are you here? We thought we lost you!"

"Your son was gracious enough to turn me when he found me. Ralph was turned too. I would have sought you out but I didn't even know where to start looking, ma'am."

"Oh, how wonderful! We can all catch up.  You must tell me what you've been up to these past years."

Nikita carried Alfie away to have their conversation, forgetting all about the tea that was promised. She missed Alfie. Marcel merely rolled his eyes, annoyed that he hadn't yet gotten the chance to speak to his mother

Nonso Anozie as Alfie