Like nothing matters

I hack and slash with my Bane, as does Humphrey and Tye. The shrek had 13/200 health. Humphreys Shrekinator light up again, and he flew forward and split a hole in shreks stomach.

"Whoa." Tye and I both say in awe.

Humphrey looks at us and we receive our rewards.

"Finally!" Tye jumps and fist pumps the air.

"What is it Tye?" I ask.

He opened his menu and equipped a sword. It dropped into his hands and he swung it. It had a dark purple blade and a black handle.

"Storm Blade. Its a Storm Blade! I finally have a cool sword!" He yells in excitement.

"Good job Tye!" I shouted back at him.

Humphreys coat flapped in the wind, and he was staring into the sky. Maybe he is alone? Maybe he has no one to be with? Questions flood my mind.

*******************************

I run to Sora, who was recruiting some players for the guild. So far she had recruited 50 people!

"How did u manage to recruit 50 players!?" I ask, surprised.

"It's all in the talk." she responds. "So, how did you guys go?"

"Tye go-"

"I finally got a cool sword!" Tye cut me off.

"We also came across Humphrey, I think what he tells us is true."

"And what does he tell you guys?" Sora asked concerned.

I told her everything Humphrey told us. After hearing this, she was shocked. She decided to make a global meeting, and inform everyone that this is not fun game anymore.

"Humphrey," Tye said. "how come your always so mysterious? Is there something bothering you?" He asked.

"No.. It's just th-"

"Then brighten up, try to be happy!" Tye tried to sound convincing. He has a habit of butting in on people's sentences.

We all walked to the global meeting, to inform everyone about the tragedy. Everyone gasped and almost fainted after hearing it. It was a shock to all.

Then it got me thinking, how does Humphrey know all of this? It could have been a minor bug. But it sounds so convincing.

*******************************

3 weeks ago, Sora told me to not worry, but now I am doing the complete opposite.

The whole guild were going to attempt to take on the floor 2 boss. Humphrey insisted on going, so they took it with them. I bought a house, with only a kitchen bathroom and 2 bedrooms.

I lay on the couch, wandering. What if Humphrey was a PKer, what if he kidnapped them, or killed them? Or even worse, what if they all had died? The thoughts began to corrupt me, so I decided to go outside and walk around town.

People with signs of the catastrophe were everywhere, players desperate for food and money scattered every corner, and some shops were even shut down.
This news has driven so many people crazy.

Until I see one shop, with clean bricks and glittering windows. I decide to walk up to it, and I begin to see that its a vanity shop. I didn't know there was a vanity shop in this game.

I walk up to the shop and peek inside. There was a cashier, waiting for a customer, styling her hair. I decided to walk inside, and take a look around. As I opened the door the cashier turned to me, and gave me her greeting speech.

"Hello, please have a look around, and if you need anything please ask." She said.

Her name was KatLuvr298. Strange name, so I replied "Ok, thank you." and took a look around.

Different clothing of different variety of different colours hung from coat hangers, all along the walls. Some circular racks were on the floor, and some were on the ceiling.

One coat catches my eye, and I walk over to it. It was a long, dark blue coat. It was labeled Familiar Blue Coat. I click on it and the payment window opened up. I clicked on try and it instantly appeared on me.

I walked around, admiring the way it moved, and decided to buy it.

"KatLuvr298, how much for this coat?" I ask, still admiring myself in the mirror.

"Only 50 Col." She replies.

50 col just for this coat? Nice. I opened the payment page once more and bought it for 50 col, leaving me with only 1 col left.

I walk out the shop and equip my new coat. It appears on me and below my health bar I see a buff.

+10% Movement Speed.

"Nice!" I accidentally said aloud.

Players looked at my coat as I walked by them, others pointed and told their friends. Why is this coat attracting everyone's attention?

I leave that thought aside, and walk back home. While I'm walking I see the floor 2 boos room, where Sora, Tye, Humphrey and the rest of the guild are supposed to be. They told me not to worry, I think going up there and checking on everyone would make them mad, so I kept walking.

When I got home, I made something to eat. My cooking skill was a bit low, so I didn't have that good tasty food. If only Sora was here with her maxed out cooking skill.

I hear a ring of a doorbell and footsteps on the porch, the guild? I run over to open it and get a huge surprise.

"Phillis.." Sora said and collapsed to the floor.

What happened on that floor raid? I ask myself, demanding answers.

Something is wrong.