The Crash?

Art by: Kei Z

Art by: Kei Z.

My name is Miyuki Hana. I am a 16 year old student of Kasai Minami Highschool in the Reonai Province of Japan. Since I could remember, I never played a major role in anyone's life. I lived a very quiet and productive life of myself. My mother died while giving birth to me while my father left when I was in my mother's womb... or so I've heard. I was raised by foster parents for 4 years before being sent to the Ophelia Orphanage down town. I was too young to retain any memories of my foster parents. The only words that remained in my head until the present is "Survive. Tower your obstacles and reach your goals.". I live by those words and spend everyday studying and solving complex problems to achieve my goal of being top in my classes. Little did I know, it would help me more than I knew.

We got our test results today and I got 100 again. The envy in my classmates' eyes began to worry me. The bell rang as students quickly packed their bags to leave the classroom. Then, Suzuya Aoki, the popular guy in class approaches me. His smile as captivating as ever and his hair as majestic as a lion's mane. Then he speaks to me.

"Hey there. I'm sure you know me. Let's go for a karaoke party!" Aoki said.

I politely declined and tried to walk away. Then he grabs me by the arm. With a firm grip, he speaks.

"I'm not asking by the way. I'm telling you to come, Miyuki-san." Aoki said in a deep voice, clearly frustrated at something.

I didn't have anything to do after this anyway. I agreed and followed him. Together with his group of friends, they brought me to the 17K Karaoke Bar.

"Here we are. How do you feel?" Aoki said as he put his left hand on the left side of my waist.

I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Let's just get this over with. I'm not going to stay if we're not doing anything." I replied.

"Alright, alright. Let me register." Aoki said.

Aoki goes to the counter to register and pays for one room. I just followed him and his friends from behind. After a short walk, we enter a room where there's a sofa on the left and right walls. In front was a TV with speakers and microphones. Beside the sofas were touchscreen TVs which seems to be the only way for changing songs and stuff. Aoki then announces something.

"The drinks will be on me! Everyone just get comfy and ready for the party!" Aoki exclaimed.

What an ear sore. I was already forced to come and now I'm around other boys and girls too. I'm not paid to listen to him either.

"Hey c'mon! Loosen up abit!" One of the students said as he put his right arm around me.

"Don't touch me." I said as I glared at him.

He pulls his arm away and starts talking to the others. I, on the other hand, pulled out a book to read. Aoki quickly snatches it away from me and puts it ontop of the TV shelf located above the TV.

"That's so boring! It's a karaoke party for god's sake! Just enjoy!" Aoki said

"Right, when I was brought here out not on my own free will." I replied.

"Pfft."

Aoki takes a bottle of water and pours water on my head. He proceeds to throw the bottle at my face and walks back to the front. What a hidden side of someone who looks so bright. My view of him has completely changed and now I despise him.

"Ok let's get this going!" Aoki shouted.

A few minutes later...

They are singing their hearts out. Let me tell you, it's not the nicest thing you will hear. I've never tried either because I know it won't be good. However, from a judge's point of view, it looks to me that their singing is merely child's play. I can't wait to go home. I want to take bath and sleep. I'll have to report this to the teacher as well. I have everything recorded through my discreet pen gadget. I made it by myself with some money I had. It's not practical but it should work. The motherboard takes up 90% of the pen. 10% for the lens and microphone. When I get home, I have to work a little bit too. The reason why this orphan has a home is because I do stock trading on my laptop. It's a really good way to earn money if you're good at managing it. Besides, rent is super low at the so-called haunted apartments of Yonzen. The only ghost I see is my self.

Halfway through a song, a waitress in a maid outfit comes in with a tray of drinks. Weird. I don't remember ordering anything yet.

"Sweet! Some drinks!" Someone shouted.

She hands us each one cup and exits the room. It looks somewhat like honey. I was getting thirsty so I drank it immediately. After a few minutes of sitting, I suddenly felt dizzy.

"What's wrong? Need a walk?" Aoki asked.

"Yeah. I'll go off first." I replied.

"Oh c'mon!" Aoki said.

I took my belongings and left my book behind. It isn't mine anyway. It's from the library. I walked out of the bar feeling very groggy. Did I drink an alcoholic beverage? Nevermind that, I'll just go home. I have to cross this road first... Wait, road? I looked to my right to see a speeding truck heading towards me.

Crash

꧁☬༒☬꧂
-Dictionary Assistance-

Kasai Minami - Read as 加西南 A fictional name originating from the Japanese Language. The meaning I'm this case is South Kasai.

Kasai - Kasai is a Town in Reonai. Kasai is made up of 3 different parts. West Kasai, South Kasai and East Kasai

-san - An honorific used to refer to someone who's of same status in the Japanese Language.