𝗖𝗵. 𝟬𝟳

"Let's go, Manjiro! One more round!"

You were at grandpa Sano's dojo with Mikey. You wanted to see how far you've come with your training and if you could actually beat Mikey now. Right now, you were failing miserably. You already fought six rounds with him.

"You can't beat me, idiot.. just give up!"

"Last one, I promise!"

You lifted up your shirt to wipe the sweat off your face. Mikey's eyes widened. "Y-you! Hey! You can't lift up your shirt, you're a girl!" He shouted with red hue covering his cheeks.

"Chill.. I'm just wiping off the sweat," you scoffed. "Now come on, last round! I'll beat you this time!"

You ran up to attack him. You tried punching him, but he dodged every one of your attacks. But this time, you were going to distract him. You punched him with little effort, and shot up your leg with great force to kick him in the stomach. To your dismay, your foot crashed into his when you tried to kick him. You grabbed onto his shirt, causing both of you to fall.

He landed on top of you. Before his head can bump into yours, he put his hands on both of your sides. His eyes grew in embarrassment at the position you two were in. "W-why.. would you do that?!"

You didn't answer and just stared at him. "You're so pretty, Mikey.."

His face turned red, getting distracted at how you called him by his nickname. That was the first time you called him 'Mikey'. As he was about to answer, you kicked him off of you. He landed on his back in surprise.

"I win!" You got up. "Haha!"

"That's... you're cheating!" He shouted.

"No, I just used the situation to my advantage! You should always think smartly when you're fighting!"

He crossed his arms, pouting. "Whatever.."

"You won like six times already, Manjiro! Let me enjoy my victory!" You turned around to go and grab your bottle of water.

He walked up to approach you. While you grabbed the water you felt a hand suddenly pushing you to the wall. You gasped, seeing that Mikey had pinned you to the wall. "Hey.. what's wrong, Manjiro?"

He was quite for a brief moment and kept staring at your flustered face. "..Mikey."
"Huh?"
"Why don't you call me Mikey?"
"..I like calling you Manjiro. It's a nice name.."

He leaned in closer to you, his eyes looking directly at yours. You held your breath, growing uncomfortable at the small distance between the two of you. "Is something wrong..?"

Right when he was about to answer, there was a knock on the door. "Mikey! Are you done training with Y/n?!" Ah, it was Emma.

You pushed Mikey off of you before Emma could barge in the room. She might think something wrong about what you two were doing.

"Y-yeah, we are!" You answered.

You grabbed your stuff and waved goodbye to Mikey. You took in a deep breath as you exited. 'What's wrong with Manjiro?! What was he even trying to do..?'

Emma watched you quickly leave. She went towards Mikey to ask what happened. "She looked flustered. What happened?"

"..Nothing," he answered, his lips curving into a small smile.

Emma caught the smile on his face. "HEY! What were you two trying to do, huh?! Don't tell me you did anything inappropriate with her!"

"What?! Why would I, I don't even like her!" Mikey shouted in embarrassment.

"You better not have," she scoffed. "Now go bring groceries, grandpa asked you."

"Fine.."

。。。

"Hey there.."

"Hello! Do you know where your leader is?" You asked the two Tenjiku members in front of you. "He should be here somewhere."

"Hm? Why is a girl like you looking for our leader?"

"Girl like me?" Your brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"You look very.. basic, y'know? Gang leaders would be more interested in pretty girls," he blew on his cigarette.

"...What? I'm his friend, idiot. Just tell me where he is, I want to talk to him," you answered with a pissed off tone.

"Don't be like that," the other one chuckled. "We're not saying you're ugly, you are pretty."

"You're in no position to talk about looks. You look like a middle-aged man.. where the hell is Izana?!"

"He's busy. Talk to us instead," he grinned.

"I'll look for him myself," you harshly pushed through them. "Wasting my time.."

"Ow, what the fuck?!" One of them grabbed your arm. "What are you made out of, bricks?! That hurt!"

"My fucking bad," you pulled your hand away.

"Do that shit again and I'll-.."

"You'll what?" A new voice joined.

You looked to see two men standing behind you. "Izana, Kucho!"

Izana pulled you into a hug. "Hey.."

"I-Izana, sir!" The two quickly bowed.

He held onto you tighter, sending menacing glares towards the two terrified members. He was quite for a second before speaking in a low voice. "Kakucho.. take care of them for me. I want to spend some time with Y/n."

Kakucho responded with a hum, slowly walking up to them.

"Shit, we're sorry! We didn't know it was her!"

"Y-yeah, we thought it was some lowly girl looking for you!"

"Lowly..?" Kakucho's brows furrowed. "Watch your mouth. Izana made it clear to not mess with her, didn't he?"

"We didn't know it was her!"

"Kucho, just let them go." You spoke up. "It's fine."

"I give him orders, not you." Izana said. "If you want to order people around, then you should join us."

"Sorry.. but-.."

"You want more men harassing you?"

"No..! But I can defend myself, Izana!"

"Come, let's go somewhere else." He held your wrist, dragging you away from the violent scene that was about to happen.

" He held your wrist, dragging you away from the violent scene that was about to happen