Chapter Two

"Wooyoung," Hyunjin called out, "Come over here!" Wooyoung stopped training the moment he was called and walked out of the ring, making his way over to his manager. He got a towel that was on the sideline and wiped off any sweat that was on him. He made his way over to his manager, putting the towel around his neck.

"What's up boss man?" he asked, looking into his manager's eyes.

"I have booked in your next fight," Hyunjin answered, "But who it's with, you might not be happy about it. It's with Choi San." Wooyoung's eyes widened as he heard the name of who he would be going up against. He didn't expect to be going up with someone that was much more experienced in the MMA field, especially since Wooyoung himself was still somewhat creating a name for himself. He felt like he wasn't ready to go up against someone that was as big in the MMA field like San.

"Are you sure I'm ready to go up against him?" he asked, slight panic in his voice, "I don't think I'm ready to go up against him."

"I understand you fear," Hyunjin answered, keeping his voice calm, "But, you are rising the ranks and have been since the beginning of your career. I believe that you can go up against San if you believe in yourself as well as a lot of training. While I am not going to stop you if you want to back out, I am sure it is going to be more difficult to try and fight him later. What do you say about that?" The fighter thought for a moment. He still felt unprepared to fight someone that was as famous as San and he was sure that he wouldn't be prepared for another year or even more than that. But, considering how hard it could be to book a fight with San at times, Wooyoung came to a decision to do the fight. That made his manager extremely happy.

"Go back to training," Hyunjin stated, "You're going to need it for this fight."

"You got it boss man," the fighter replied, making his way back into the ring that he was fighting in. Because Moonbin was still in the ring, he told the other male everything that he had just been told. Moonbin had shared the same shock that Wooyoung had not that long ago. They didn't linger on about that and instead, they continued training from where they had left off.

***

San took a break from training since he had been doing it non stop since he had arrived at the gym, which was roughly two hours ago. He needed to have a break as he didn't want to over work himself just yet. He needed to be in good shape, but not to the point in which he had overworked himself. He sat on the bench and looked through his phone. He was currently looking through information about the fighter that he was going up against. He wanted to have a brief look at what he was going up against. He did know about the wins and the one lost fight as well as the one fight that the other fighter had received a linear fracture as that was what Jooheon had given him. But, San wanted to see how this other fighter fought in the octagon. He had managed to find a few videos of Wooyoung's fights on YouTube. San went onto the first video that had come up. He turned his phone sideways. The video took a moment to load but when it did load, it started with Wooyoung and another fighter that he didn't recognise.

There was the usual greeting that happens before every MMA fight. There was a brief second where the two fighters had their hands up in fists and bouncing back and forth on both feet. As soon as it was time, both Wooyoung and the other fighter began to fight. For a little while, it seemed like no one had the upper hand. That seemed like every fight that happened. No one had the upper hand for a little while or at least not for a good three to five minutes before Wooyoung had begun to get the upper hand. San could see now why this fighter was making a name for himself. He seemed like he had a plan to get the upper hand and San knew that he would have to train a little harder if he wanted to stop this new fighter from getting the upper hand. He decided that once he had seen enough, he went off the default browser and turned his phone off, getting up from the bench so that he could put his phone back in his locker. He placed his phone in his locker and closed it again, making sure that it was locked before he went back to Jongin.

"Ready to train again, Sannie?" the trainer asked.

"I'm always ready," San answered, as he got back into the ring, "You should know this by now." The two of them laughed for a second or so before they were serious again and began training. San definitely wanted to be prepared or as prepared as he could be. Though, he had a feeling that he would be winning as he has never lost a fight before. While there had been one close call, he had still won and he had remained undefeated since his first MMA fight. He wanted to keep up that status of being undefeated and if he wanted to keep it up, he would have to keep training. He would have to train like he never had before. While he had no doubt that he would win, he wasn't going to take the chance and start slacking now.

***

"Wooyoung, take a break for a little while," Hyunjin called out, "Don't want you wearing yourself out before the fight." Wooyoung stopped training with Moonbin and the both of them walked out of the ring, getting towels from the shower rooms so that they could dry any sweat that they had on them. They wiped their faces, neck, arms and anywhere else that they were the most sweaty. Wooyoung looked over at where his manager was, seeing that he was sitting on a bench. The manager called the fighter over with a simple hand gesture, in which the fighter did so. He sat down next to the person that had booked every fight that he had been in so far.

"What's up boss man?" he asked.

"I would like you," Hyunjin answered, "To have a break at home for a little bit."

"I can't just yet," the fighter retorted, "This is the biggest fight of my life and probably be the only big one I have for a while. Unless I somehow go international."

"I know you want to win," Hyunjin responded, "But, I don't want you wearing yourself out before the fight and I definitely don't want you tired on the day of the fight. I understand that you want to win but you wearing and tearing yourself out before the fight and having to pull you out of the fight is not ideal. That would look bad on both you and me. So, I am telling you as your manager, go home and have some rest before you train yourself. Feel free to come back later if you want to continue training or come back to tomorrow to continue." With that, Hyunjin got up from the bench and made his way over to some of the other fighters that were training as well. Moonbin looked like he was about to go home as well. With the order from his manager, Wooyoung got up from the bench and made his way over to the locker room and got his things from his locker, making sure that his locker was locked before he left. He walked out of the gym and made his way towards his apartment that his manager was paying rent for.

Wooyoung did want to pay the rent himself but, as stubborn as Hyunjin is, his manager was paying the rent since he wanted to wait until the fighter started earning more when he got more famous. He could see where his manager was coming from but at the same time, he wanted to be able to pay for the rent himself rather than someone pay it for him. He walked down the street until he had arrived at the apartment complex, which led him to go up to his apartment. He couldn't wait to train again later.