『 Hashibira Aoba 』

" Wow, three fire breakout emergency at the same place in between two days. Just how unlucky can you be? "

Kade flinched at the sharp jab Dani gave to him, glaring at her insensitive brother. Even Chief Burns sent a side glare to his eldest son before placing a hand on the victim's shoulder.

" Are you all right, Mr Aoba? "

The Japanese man didn't respond, just watching the Rescue Bots successfully putting out the fire and making sure no one was around the area. His green eyes shook as tears starting to make its way out. Turning around to wipe the tears off, Aoba looked back the Burns family with a tired smile.

" Yes, thank you, Chief. " He looked at the robots that began to stand besides their partners once the rescue work was done. " Thank you too, Rescue Bots. "

Graham stepped forward, his eyes glued to the screen of his tablet. " There's a sign of the fire starting around the window area on the east side of your lab. No gas, more like electrical sparks from the outlets. "

Aoba adjusted his lab coat around him, tipping his head down to the ground. " This time it was my fault. I accidentally knocked over my coffee off the table and splashed over the electric wires and outlet. I am sorry I damage the lab, Chief. "

" It's all right, Mr Aoba. This lab is one of the unused and old one. You might need to share labs with Doc Greene and Professor Baranova now. I'll drop you off at his place for the night. "

" Thank you again. I am so sorry for troubling you guys at this late of night. "

" We're rescuers, sir. That's our job. Police bot, vehicle mode please. "

The rest of the group watched Chief Burns and Aoba took off in the blue vehicle in silence. Only when they were out if sight did the rest began to break the silence. Starting with the orange helicopter bot.

" Poor Mr Aoba. He really has it rough. "  Blades sympathized.

" Why is he even using this old lab? I thought he's at Griffin Rock for work related with Doc Greene? " Heatwave wondered, jabbing a thumb over the still sizzling burned building.

" Frankie told me that Mr Aoba prefers to work around nature. " Cody's voice rang through their comm link. " He's working on a project about a flower. Blue Spider Lily I think. "

Boulder tilted his helm to the sight a little. " I only read about Red Spider Lily, not blue. Must be a new species. "

" I've read a few articles and dig some information about Mr Aoba. " Graham said. " He's been on this project for some time, but there's always be something wrong along the way. The last article I read about him is when he held a conference to apologize to the public about how he was careless in his research, resulting to many of the flowers to wither. Doc Greene was requested by him if he could make any devices to keep the plants alive. He came to the island to work with Doc Greene on his project. Blue Spider Lily is said to be very rare, very impossible to find and breed. "

" Sounds like he might be cursed. " Kade crossed his arms over his chest, slightly shivering from the chilly night air. " You know, since that flower has that meaning. "

" Huh, never thought you would be type to actually read. " Heatwave snickered.

" Hey! I do read sometimes okay? "

" I've read about that too. They are associated with final goodbyes, and legend has it that these flowers grow wherever people part ways for good. In old Buddhist writings, the red spider lily is said to guide the dead through samsara, the cycle of rebirth. " Boulder offered, his optics twinkling like the ways they would whenever he talked about his interest.