Ten

The meeting went well and Martina felt sudden relief because of Randell. But still, she can't ignore what happened earlier, when Randell confronted Gwendolyn inside the office building.

"Hey, let's talk about what you did to Ms. Gwendolyn," Martina said in a serious tone which made Randell stop from walking within the hallway.

"What have I done to her? I just reminded her that her attitude is worse," Randell replied while rolling his eyes. " Are you just letting her insult you just because you're in her territory? Like what you did to me?"

Martina sighed. "Gwendolyn is an important client to us, if she didn't become our client, our accounting firm probably dissolved a long time ago. She's also the reason why we got more transactions. We owe a lot to her," she explained.

"But I think you paid more than enough. Please don't disregard the fact that you have dignity too. A woman like her shouldn't act unprofessional," Randell stressed.

"I have nothing to do with that. I have to accept that I'm lost and I just need more time to adjust. That's the reason why I'm getting nervous earlier. She's too strict and she might complain to my business partner and she would probably use my past as a reason that I failed my tasks with her," Martina yelped. She slightly flipped her hair when they reached the parking area. "Anyway, thank you for helping me deal with her but please, just keep your mouth shut when no one asks you to speak."

Randell shook her head out of his sudden disappointment. "I just can't keep silent, knowing that you feel uncomfortable when she says those words."

"But Randell, she's only telling the truth because we used to hop in bars before and I met some guys there who became my boyfriends. I just have to accept that my embarrassing past will always come after me even in my profession," Martina replied with a fake smile. She was about to start the engine of her car but Randell slowly grabbed her wrist. "Wait, Ms. Martina, before we leave this place I just want to tell you something."

Martina slightly arched her brow as she removed her hands in the steering wheel. "We're in a hurry, what is it?"

"Your past won't matter as long as you know that you're not hurting other people," Randell reminded with all sincerity.

Martina didn't know how to react because Randell mostly spoke to her harshly but this time, his words were quite encouraging. "Tell Nanay Remmy that it's very unnecessary of you to give me inspiring words because it sounds insincere and more like sarcasm," she mouthed.

"Well, she didn't tell me to say that to you. Let's just say that I watched many motivational videos before that I couldn't erase them in my mind," Randell lied. Honestly, he just wanted to make Martina ease her tension earlier and even until now, she's very affected when it's all about her past to the point that she's already belittling herself.

"Well, because of that, I think I have to treat you to lunch," Martina smirked. "As you should," Randell agreed.

They drove to the nearest restaurant. Martina let Randell decide on the menu dishes. "I think chicken wings would be enough for me. Are you okay with that?"

Martina nodded.

Randell ordered and temporarily left Martina on their table. While Martina was sitting alone, a familiar man approached her, wearing a gray suit. "Martina, that's you right?" the guy confidently asked.

This was awkward for Martina because he recognized the guy.

"Donny?" Martina tilted her head down and she felt scared because of the man who tried to sit beside her. "What a small world, I didn't expect to see you here. It's been a long time since we made—"