Nine

"Do you want some coffee? I'll make it for you if you still want to work at this hour," Randell offered.

Martina slightly nodded her head. "Does Nanay Remmy tell you that coffee is the only thing that I can't resist?"

"Yes, that's why I got this confidence to ask you," Randell chuckled.

"Okay. It would be better, and maybe you can help me with this accounting matter since the deadline is approaching. I'm about to get stressed again," Martina said while typing on her keyboard.

"Wait, are you into jazz music too? Do you know George Benson? Because he's my favorite," Randell curiously asked because the music in Martina's computer is still currently playing.

"Yes I do, but I think Al Jarreau's music is better," Martina said.

"Wait, George and Al already collaborated!" Randell exclaimed. His enthusiasm in terms of music approaches again. He's fascinated that Martina was fond of music too.

"Yes, I'm listening to their album and I like their rendition of 'Summer Breeze'". Martina smiled.

"That's good. By the way, I'm going to make a coffee for us," Randell excused himself for a while.

Martina chuckled just as when Randell went outside. She was amazed by Randell's interest in music. She never met a man who talks about music with his eyes shining.

"I'm sure he knows a lot more than music. He's an intellectual."

She shrugged that thought. She's afraid that it's the first step to get fond of Randell. She will never let that happen because she didn't want to fall in love with anyone. Instead, she focused on her work.

After ten minutes, Randell came back and handed a tray with two cups of coffee. Martina stopped and was thrilled by the smell of it.

"Careful, because it's still hot," Randell recalled as he put the coffee on Martina's desk.

"Thanks," Martina uttered, she took a glimpse of Randell. The smile on his face was too consistent and she might fall for him whenever he smiles like that.

"Wait, aren't you afraid that your jaws might get hurt if you keep on smiling like an obedient dog?" she commented with a blank expression.

"No, but aren't you afraid that you might turn into a real witch because you're consistent in frowning?" Randell jokingly asked as he sipped his coffee.

"That's my normal face and everyone in this house has no problem with that," Martina confidently admitted.

"Okay. Your frowning fascinates me, and I can tell that you're still frowning whenever you smile," Randell commented with honesty. That's what he noticed in Martina every time he took a glance at her. She's like carrying the world's problems in general.

"Do I look like the antagonists you see on television?" Martina asked. She stopped typing on her keyboard and sipped her coffee for a while. She noticed that some keys are not working properly.

"I'm not watching television anymore but I'm sure that you're prettier than them," Randell answered.

Martina raised her brows. "Is that a compliment?"

"No, that's the truth." Randell smirked and noticed that Martina was trying to hide a smile on her face but he just ignored that.

Martina bit her tongue and accidentally dropped her cup of coffee and it spilled over the table. She doesn't know why suddenly she lost her presence of mind. Randell immediately came to help her in cleaning the table. "I told you that you should be careful by drinking that."