✿ 19.04.22 ✿ - part 2

"Noah, did we seriously just have sex in a park?" I say as I pull on my polo shirt and sweater, the cold Spring air biting at my arms

"Are you only just realising that?" He laughs, also putting on his clothes

"Maybe, but you do know if we got caught, we could get arrested for public indecency."

"I thought you liked taking risks. . . Living on the edge. . ."

"Yes, maybe four years ago, but I have an actual life now. I can't afford to have something like that on my records."

He rolls his eyes "Ok, what do you want me to do, apologise?"

I run a hand through my hair "Ugh, I dunno. I think school has just got me stressed lately and I'm just finding an excuse to be grouchy."

"Well, will this cheer you up?" Noah whips a two pack of triple chocolate cupcakes out of his backpack, and a grin appears on my face in an instant

"You forgot to eat them this morning." He explains "So I thought I might take the opportunity to have a mini picnic."

"Sex in the park and cupcakes? Noah Denvers what did I ever do to deserve you?"

"I should ask myself the same question." He smiles, kissing me on the forehead. I look at the cupcakes longingly, almost tasting the chocolaty goodness in my mouth. And that smooth ganache just makes it taste like heaven.

"Well, they won't eat themselves. Here." He opens the pack and hands me a cupcake, then takes the other one for himself "To us." He toasts.

"To more days like this one." I counter, and he smiles. We savour our cupcakes and enjoy every bite like it's our last.

"So were these on offer for the second time this month? Normally they only reduce the price once." I ask in the middle of my final bite

"No, I just thought I'd treat you."

"Aww, you know I love you babe, but I can't eat this comfortably knowing you spent six dollars on each one."

"Ok, noted. Only buy chocolate cupcakes when they're on offer." 

"You know I didn't mean it like that. What about my birthday and our anniversary and your birthday and--"

"Y'know what? I think I'll decide when I want to treat my girl."

"Fine. Deal." I chuckle. In that moment I hear a notification chime from Noah's phone. He takes it out his pocket and checks it.

"Oh, it's Tiffany. Says she needs my help tonight, hope you don't mind."

Seriously? Tiffany's still in the picture? I thought after the whole 'blatantly insulting me' thing that Noah wouldn't want to be around her anymore. But yet again I was wrong. Things are still exactly the way they were before.

"Oh, no. I don't mind at all. You go ahead. After all this how could I still hold you back?"

"Ahh, that's great. You're the best. Trust me, it'll only be a couple hours, ok? Then I'll be back in time for cuddles at night. Promise." His voice sounds so sincere how could I say no? And he did promise. One thing I know for sure about Noah Denvers is that he never breaks a promise.

Another notification buzzes on Noah's phone, and he awakes his locks screen to check it.

As he reads it and his face falls, as if annoyed and disappointed at the same time.

"What is it?" I ask, worried

"It's Tiffany again. She says she's at her parents house for the weekend in Asheville. That's three hours away, but she says it's urgent and she has to submit the work tomorrow."