Chapter 23

A/N: Since the last chapter was short and I kinda didn't update in a long time, I am giving you guys 2 chapters in one day. Oh yeah. Enjoy. <3

 __________________________________

I was the first to wake up. Like always. 

 The room was dark, but the curtains started to turn a lighter shade which meant that the sun was coming up soon. Everyone else had fallen asleep in weird positions around the couch. James was sleeping next to Kendall with an arm around him. Carlos was sleeping on Logan. I don't even know how they got that way but it was so cute. Kim was hugging the couch and Ethan was somehow sleeping on her lap even in Kim's bent position. And Katie was sleeping peacefully on the end of the couch with the bear that Ethan gave her. 

 A smile crept onto my lips from the adorable view. I quietly got up from where I was sleeping and out to the hall. I took the elevator down to the lobby and then made my way to the park. I saw a tree and started to climb on it until i could sit on one of the branches. 

 The sun wasn't up yet and the sky was filled with different shades of blue. Some light, some dark. There were shades of purple in the sky also and orange-red colors were coming from where the sun was coming up. The air was fresh and felt a bit moist since it had rained the night before. It was a comfortable feeling. Out here, watching nature and not really thinking about what's really happening in my life, it felt relaxing.  

 I smiled and sighed, just enjoying the view as the sun rose. "Beautiful isn't it?" I fell and I actually fell onto someone. 

"Holy sh*t!" I yelled, trying to steady my beating heart. "Kendall!"

Kendall's lips formed into a smirk and replied,"Yes?" 

"That was so not cool, dude."

 Kendall stuck out his bottom lip and gave me the cutest puppy dog eyes I've ever seen. "Sorry." I smiled, rolled my eyes, and punched his shoulder. "Hey want to get some food?" he asked.

 I looked at the time on my phone and back at Kendall. "Kendall, it's like 6. What place is open at this time?"

"Ah, yes, but in New Jersey it's 9 and there are many places that are open there." Kendall smiled like he was a genius. My left eyebrow raised and I looked at Kendall.

"So you're saying that you want to fly to New Jersey and get breakfast?"

"Yup!"

"You do know that by the time we get food in New Jersey it'll be like lunch for them." 

Kendall laughed. "I was kidding. Actually, I was thinking of getting a smoothie and then come back here and make some waffles for everyone." I thought about it for a minute and then agreed to the idea. 

 Kendall started walking back to the Palm Woods so I quietly followed. We sneaked into his apartment and we started to make food. "Wait what about your mom?" I asked.

 He shrugged and dug in the freezer to get the waffles. "She's on one of her morning jogs." I nodded and opened the refrigerator to get whipped cream, chocolate syrup, strawberries, and syrup. "Vanessa, can you pass the milk?" And apparently I'm getting milk too. 

 As I tried to hold all the things, Kendall turned on some music. Pretty Little Girl by Blink 182 started to play through the speakers. 

 I laughed as Kendall started to sing to the lyrics. I rolled my eyes as I popped the waffles into the toaster. "Nineteen, your eyes are glowing into my beating heart," Kendall sang. "Oh it seems it is fine as my hand is moving up your arm."