one

Saturday...
A day for lounging and sleeping in my opinion. But this saturday was decidedly different.
I felt it as soon as I woke up. I fell out of bed trying to turn off my alarm,which continued to annoy me. After silencing the "gong of death",I decided to brush my teeth. I entered the bathroom and squeezed some paste into my mouth,then I ran my toothbrush under the tap and shoved it in my mouth.
When I was done,I went downstairs and sat down at the barstool which was placed near the coffeemaker for an easier task of waiting while the machine did it's magic and produced what had to be the elixir of life.
My cell phone rang,interrupting my staring contest with the cup of coffee in my hand. I shifted and some of the coffee splattered on my fingers burning me lightly.
Shit!
"What?!"
"A wonderful morning to you too".
"Oh...hey mum..sorry" I mumbled.
"Its a Saturday, I know what to expect"I could hear the smile in her voice,it made me smile too.
"So...what's up with you?"I asked as casually as I could because I knew my mother would not call me for nothing,not at 8am on a Saturday morning.
"What? You did not just ask me that!"she screeched into my ear.I winced and uselessly tried to redeem myself..uselessly.
"We're going hiking you dimwit!"her voice was getting pretty loud.
"Oh, yeah....sure..OK..today?"I managed to sound more scatterbrained than usual
"YES!!! I'll be at your place in thirty minutes and you had better be ready!"
"Yes mother".she hung up and I sprinted upstairs to get ready.
I had just thrown my hair into a messy bun when the doorbell rang.I grabbed my phone and waterbottle before stumbling outside and racing to the passenger side of my mother's Lexus.
"Go lock your door" ,she said without looking up from her phone. I groaned and got out of the car to lock the door. When I had reseated myself and was fumbling with the seatbelt when I felt my mom staring at me.
"What?"
"I don't like what you have done with your hair" she stated.
"I know"I sighed resigning to a repeat of the lecture I received every time I did something my mother did not approve of. Last time it had been about my nosering,this time it was about my newly dyed hair.It was a bright red.
"....doctor with bright red hair,what will people say?"she shuddered visibly. Thankfully I had tuned in right at the end of her speech.
We had parked at the foot of a small hill on which we would soon be hiking.
Two hours later...
"I.can't.go.on"I had collapsed on the ground panting like an overworked beast of burden. My mother stood over me with an annoyed look on her face,"Really Khaddie, realleeeeeey?We've been walking up for only twenty minutes,you know?
"You've got to be kidding".I croaked before gulping down more water. I lay and stretched my leg out,hitting something I had not seen. Fearing the worst I crawled away quickly.I looked at my feet only to discover that the unknown terror was a carved eagle. I picked it up and inspected it,the wood was dark and smooth. I showed it to my mom who waved it off,then I shoved it into my backpack along with my bottle.
"I'm going back, mom!"I yelled before turning and heading back the way we had come. As I sat waiting for her to come back,I took out the eagle and looked at it. The detailing was so exquisite, the artist had managed to even capture the feathers in a realistic way. All in all, this eagle looked ready to fly.
I noticed some lettering at the side and I rubbed it because it looked a bit blurry and discovered it was in arabic. With a shrug,I put it up on the dashboard so I could admire it in the sunlight. It began to shake and move.
I will confess at this point that I'm not a very brave person,so I shrank back as far as the car seat would allow and braced for the worst.
I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't the light blue mist that floated up from the slightly open mouth of the carving. Nor was it the little man standing before me.

Hey,this is my first attempt at writing a story so I hope you enjoy reading it. I don't have an editor so please forgive my grammar and spelling errors... Thanks a lot.
Oh! And please vote comment and share.