Chapter 7

~1999~

"Hey, hey! Stop that you two!" Jihyo shouted.

They snuck out some alcohol from the birthday party last night, so currently this is what's happening: They two youngest, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, were wrestling on the sand. Momo was passed on Sana's lap, who was chugging a whole bottle of beer. Mina surprisingly was doing most of the talking by blabbering about the countries she wanted to visit. Jihyo's alcohol tolerance is high that even though she finished four bottles of beer she's just a little tipsy. The ones who didn't drink— Nayeon who doesn't like alcohol, and Jeongyeon and Dahyun who will drive the boat back and also carry an alcohol hater and a drunk sprained athlete— was listening to Mina's blabbering.

The ones that Jihyo scolded are Chaeyoung and Tzuyu when the tallest tackled Chaeyoung down on the sand and held her legs up as if she's finishing her off in a smack down. The sober ones guided the two youngest back to the mat they placed on the sand under a huge umbrella.

The tipsy Jihyo chugged her fifth bottle empty and let out a loud sigh that sounded like an old man. You see, Jihyo is that person who gets emotional when drunk, so expect that she'll be talking about some not-so-sentimental topics and cry about it even though there's nothing to cry about. When Mina passed out on drunkness on Jeongyeon's lap, Jihyo pointed to Sana. "You! What do you want to do in the future!?" Her loud voice snapped Momo and Mina up from their nap and immediately sat up, eyes still hazy.

"What the fuck, Jihyo-ya, you startled me!" Momo whined and laid back down to the pale girl's lap, but this time, did not pass out since she's slowly sobering up. "Satang, answer her before she cries!" She added and nudged Sana.

"I won't cry!"

"Me? I just want a simple life... m-maybe... manage a cafe with my... love? Have a kid a-and raise her properly... a-and... I want t-to..." Sana's eyes was slowly dropping down, "marry... Tz... Tzzzz..." She passed out before she could say anything.

"Okay! Now let's all take turns and tell us our plans in the future! Youngest first!" Jihyo beamed and held an empty upside down bottle on Tzuyu's chin, as if it was a microphone.

Tzuyu had sobered up when she heard Sana. She was anticipating what Sana was about to say but unfortunately, she passed out. She didn't know what to say, so she randomly blurted out, "Maybe... I will teach. I want to teach children."

Satisfied with the youngest's answer, Jihyo snatched the upside down bottle from Tzuyu and handed it to Chaeyoung, who in any second would pass out but was shook in her trance when the bottle collided with her chin.

"Um... I just want to sleep...," And then Chaeyoung passed out.

"Jihyo what the heck are you doing?" Jeongyeon questioned.

"Nothing! I just want to know your plans for the future! I won't cry, I promise!"

Jihyo continued to shove to them the upside down bottle and they had no choice but to tell what they wanted to happen in the future.

"Like I said earlier, I want to be famous, like an idol or an actress." Dahyun said. After the pale girl spoke, the rest of them who is awake looked at Mina and they concluded that she couldn't answer right now because she's snoring on Jeongyeon's lap. "Let's just skip her, Jihyo unnie. Your turn." Dahyun spoke.

"Okay... I want to be a famous singer! Like Celine Dion!" Jihyo beamed. The rest of them agreed since Jihyo had won many singing competitions in their town, alongside with Nayeon, sometimes as a pair and sometimes as rivals, but they don't feel bitter whenever one of them loses. They're best friends for god's sake! "Since Sana's finished, its Hirai Momo's turn!" Jihyo said, voice is more louder than normal that made them wince.