Carnevil

It was like any normal day at the cups' cottage. Their elderly caretaker, Elder Kettle, was making pancakes for the two cups, Cuphead and Mugman.

Cuphead had big black eyes, and a small red nose, with red and white striped bended straw poking out of his cup shaped head. He wore a black sleeved shirt, with red shorts, brown shoes, and gloves.

Mugman had a big blue nose, and had a straight white and blue striped straw poking out of his head. He wore a black sleeved shirt, blue shorts, yellow gloves, and brown shoes.

Elder Kettle flipped some pancakes, before tossing some pancakes at Cuphead, who had his nose buried into a comic book. While reading, he lifted his plate and caught the pancakes, looking up from his comic to see them.

Mugman lifted his plate to catch the pancakes, but missed as they hit the wall, and sighed. Seeing his brother's frown, Cuphead used a knife to cut his pancakes, and plate, in half and passed it to Mugman, who began smiling.

He squirted some syrup on his pancakes  and passed the bottle to  Mugman, who  began to squeeze the bottle, and when no syrup came out, he looked into the bottle and at his brother, whose pancakes were entirely covered with syrup. He took a fork and ate the whole thing.

"Cuphead, Mugman," they heard their caretaker's voice, and looked up at him.

"Yes, Elder Kettle?" They both said as the kettle approached them.

"Today, you boys are in for a real treat," he told them.

"Really?" Cuphead and Mugman asked, looking up with excited faces.

"You get to paint the fence," Elder Kettle said, holding up two buckets of white paint. Cuphead and Mugman groaned, their expressions turning to bored as their straws drooped.

Later, the two cups were at work, painting with their white paint brushes. Apparently, this wasn't their day.

"Jeez, I guess we know what we're doing for the rest of the day, huh?" Mugman asked his brother.

"Oh, banana oil!" Cuphead said, as he spoke, he swished his paint brush around. "Milk the goat, patch the roof, paint the fence. It's the same ol' stuff everyday. What we need is a little fun and adventure."

"If only we could speed things up, then maybe we'd still have time to squeeze in a little fun and adventure at the end," Mugman said, his face covered with some paint Cuphead had gotten on him.

"Way ahead of ya, pal!" Mugman turned to see Cuphead pouring a bucket of white paint into a cannon. He kicked the cannon over so that it faced the fence and put his hands to where his ears would be.

Just as the flames began sparkling on the rope, Elder Kettle began walking through the entrance. "Hey, boys, how's the-" Elder Kettle didn't have time to finish when the cannon fired, causing an explosion and leaving the kettle covered in white paint.

....

"Boy, was he steamed," Mugman said to Cuphead as the two walked into the forest. Since not only was Elder Kettle covered in paint, they also ended up destroying the fence, and they were ordered to get more supplies.

"I ain't too worried about it," Cuphead shrugged. "You know, that should've worked. If only I added a little less gun powder."

"Let's just focus on getting more paint, and try not to get distracted..." Mugman said, looking at the emporium they were getting close to, and then turning back to see Cuphead, only to see that his brother was no longer there. "Cuphead?"

Mugman looked around until he spotted his brother, who was looking at a row of trees for some reason. "Cuphead, what are you doing?" He questioned curiously.