Chapter 17: Game Night

That night had to have been one of the strangest nights for Sasuke Uchiha. He couldn't believe that Naruto, the idiot-turned-best-friend, had said such words. He'd hoped to hear them for years and now he said them! Everything was odd.

At that moment, at his side, he thought about pouncing onto him and kissing him as the attraction was no different than his. Then, an image of his kid came to mind and knew he had to control himself, that he had to be cold-minded in such a situation. His decisions, those that only affected him and his heart, this time would affect a third party. He couldn't make a hasty decision, much less one with low instinct like this one.

He looked to his side. His son slept soundly with his head leaning on his arm and even so... Sasuke smiled. He looked so calm and relaxed. An absolute angel. He didn't even know how he was supposed to tell  Naruto something like this, and he couldn't do it now...  maybe some five years later and then let the blond now that... he had become a father. He wouldn't take it well and if they started a relationship now... he'd have to tell him, something he didn't know how to do.

A relationship! He thought those words over and really, he'd dreamed of Naruto asking him something like this but he hadn't expected for that moment to come.  Now that he had that chance before him, he hesitated. He'd mentioned that him and Hinata had broken up, but Sasuke wasn't sure about those words and much less... he didn't really ever hear about it. Sakura had told him that Naruto would always choose Hinata, he saw Hinata walk out of the same clinic as he did, she had told him she was pregnant and just like that... he distanced himself from Naruto. But, what if he had left her? What if he only got back with her for the boy? And if he had told him that he too was pregnant? He had been scared at the time; scared that Naruto would take his girlfriend's side but... who would believe him when he'd say he was pregnant? A pregnant man? Naruto would've laughed and accused him of trying to bother his relationship with Hinata. Sasuke preferred to keeping quiet and let him go with his other son.

The phone vibrated on the small table, immediately catching Sasuke's attention. With his free hand, he grabbed the phone and looked at the message he had just received. For a second, he'd hoped it was Naruto. He didn't know why he wanted that, but that wasn't the case. It was his brother asking him if he minded him taking Menma for the night.

That could only mean one thing... his father was out of the city for business! Surely his mother had gone to his brother's house for dinner and wanted to take advantage and see her grandson. After giving it a thought, he decided it wasn't a bad idea to have a night completely to himself, so he accepted to let Menma spend the night with his brother, especially now that the medication seemed to do better.

With great care, Sasuke took his imprisoned arm so he could get out of bed. He still had many things to do and wanted to finish them so he could have the day to himself. It wasn't every day he could enjoy a day entirely for himself. 

He had just been finishing making lunch when his son appeared in the hallway, hands rubbing his eyes as he yawned. He reminded him of how much of a sleepyhead his father was! Sasuke couldn't help but to put lunch aside so he could lift his son in his arms, placing a kiss atop the forehead. 

"You're up early," Menma smiled as he tried waking up.

"Yes, on top of that... your Uncle Itachi's going to come looking for you."

"Then I'll go get ready."

"Alright." 

The two ate in silence, watching the cartoons that came on the old antique television that Sasuke had gotten at a thrift shop. It was the sound of the doorbell that made Menma go running towards it, jumping off the sofa in a single jump.