Prison

I start to walk up to the caution tape. When I reach it and try to get in, a cop says, "Sorry, this is a crime scene. No one gets in."

        "I live here. The victim is my mom. Let me in," I say with a little too much edge to my voice. I try to duck under again.

        "Sorry, this is a crime scene. No one gets in." he repeats.

        I don't think. I just punch him in the face and run. I am in the crime scene. No cops question me. They probably figure that the guard let me in. Until I hear shouts and footsteps behind me.

I am in a prison room.

        "Don't get comfy," someone says. I yank my head around. There is a guard behind bars. No, I am behind bars. "This is your home for the next 2 days. After that is your execution."

        "Execution?" I ask. "Why?"

        "You were responsible for the deaths of Anna Paski, Maddi Stenson, Isabelle Murphy, Dakota Arvin, Natallie Freede, Tasha Dullson, Tara Carmera, Zoe Zellers, and Dave Ballard." He leaves the room. I sit there in shock. Who was Dave Ballard? Who framed me? The real murderer is dead. Isn't she? I think I can answer the questions. The murderer is dead. Because of me. A relative or someone close to her must have carried on her dying wish. The wish for me to die.

"You have a visitor," a guard says. I yank my head up. The guard steps away, leaving room for my visitor to show herself. She is wearing a black trench coat with a hood on it.

        "Hello, Davis," she says. My eyes widen to the size of golf balls.

        "You're dead. I killed you," I say, scarred by the shock.

        "That's what you thought."

        My eyes dart around, looking for something to focus on. The second I realize it my eyes focus on her face.

        "You," I say. "It was you. You. You turned me in for something you did. And finally your wish will come true.  Your wish for my death."

        "Correct," she says.

        "There's just one thing I don't understand."

        "And that is..." she says.

        "How are you alive. I sprayed the poison in your mouth and I watched you have a seizure on the floor," I say. I am hoping for an answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't give me one.

        "Ha." She lets out a chuckle and starts to leave.

        "Wait!" I yell. She walks backward to my cell. "You have been in jail before, so how did you turn me in without the cops knowing you were lying and putting you in prison." She lets out another chuckle and starts to leave. Before she can a guard walks in.

        "I watched this whole thing," he says. "Is it true that he was framed by you?" He points to her. She pulls her hood down and reveals herself.

        "Yes," she says. The guard grabs for his walkie talkie, but before he can he is stabbed in the throat.