Reinforcements

Lestrade had no other choice, Of course this was the week that Sherlock decided to surprise John with a romantic getaway to Paris. the Scotland Yard police force were stumped by the latest murder case. Greg's only option was to call Sherlocks mysterious brother Mycroft. Although Greg had never met Mycroft he had heard many important people speak highly of him. In fact the only person who didn't speak well of him was Sherlock but Greg had narrowed that down to childish feuds and a possibility of Sherlock being a bit jealous. Lestrade stumbled over to the phone his hands becoming clammy as he picked it up. he took a deep breath and dialled the number Sherlock had given him. The voice of an elderly woman answered the phone "office of sir Mycroft Holmes how may I help you?" Greg felt a sigh of relief that he didn't have to actually speak Mycroft until he'd had a bit more time to prepare himself and then see him in public. " Yeah hi this is detective inspector lestrade of the Scotland Yard police force I was wondering if I could organise a meeting with Mr Holmes over a case. Greg bit his lip while waiting for a reply from the lady. " There was a lot of rustling on the other end of the phone until eventually Greg heard a well spoken articulated voice pick up the phone again. " yes hello this is Mr Holmes how may I be of assistance Greg"

Greg's PoV
Greg he called me Greg. I didn't know why but somehow this mans voice a man is never met before made me feel so safe and secure.

Greg seems to smile at the fact that Mycroft new his name, they'd never even met how did he know his name. "i can tell by your hesitation that your trying to deduce how I know your name well let me put your mind at ease. Sherlock has spoken of you before I recall he called you graham and John continuously corrected him, now what's this of a case your needing help on can't you just ask Sherlock?" Greg sighed "ah yeah well that's the problem him and John are in Paris so we figured you'd be the best place to turn." Mycroft smiled happily he'd never liked being praised un needidly before but there was something about Greg's soothing tone that made him happy. "well as you know I'd be honoured to help you out, why don't we discuss the details over say dinner?" Did Greg here that right was Mycroft flirting with him and was Greg wanting to flirt back? "I.....um....i......well uh sure! Greg claimed himself down trying not to sound to overjoyed. " marvellous I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow" Greg happily accepted " wait but you don't know where I live!" Greg stuttered, Mycroft chuckled "Greg I practically own England I think I can find your house quite easily." and with that he hung up the phone. strangely enough the only thing Greg could think of was what to wear tomorrow!