Dinner party

Tonight was the night. mycroft had been preparing for his and Gregs big coming out party for almost a month now. Greg on the other hand had not, he was not one to be organised or overly outspoken that's what mycroft loved about him, he never believed in the quote "opposites attract" until he met Greg. the plan was for mycroft's parents, sherlock and John (even though thanks to Sherlocks deduction they both figured it out) and Sally and Anderson to all meet at mycroft's appartment for a dinner party where mycroft and Greg would both tell the lot of them that they were gay and seeing each other. Although Mycroft acted disoriented and nervous it was more Greg who was nervous then Mycroft. Mycroft had never been one to get shy but Greg on the other hand was not one for being the centre of attention.

The door bell rang and Mycroft opened the door to sherlock and John cutely holding hands. "ah sherlock a pleasure as always" Mycroft struggled a smile to his face "oh don't kid yourself Mycroft" John stepped on Sherlocks foot "sherlock manners we talked about this" Mycroft longed for cute playful moments like that with Greg, he knew they would come in good time he just had to be patient. Sherlock and John entered the living room where Greg was standing with his drink Sherlock gave Greg a knowing glance. "good luck mate" John smirked. Greg chuckled "yeah I think I'll need it" he took a rather large gulp out of his whisky glass and strode out the room. the doorbell rang again this time to Sherlock and Mycroft's parents "brilliant this should be interesting" Sherlock grinned to John "did we really only come here for your entertainment Sherlock" John giggled "course not" Sherlock said with a cheeky smile. Mrs Holmes came bursting into the living room "oh there's my little sherly werly!!!" Sherlock forced a smile onto his face. "hello mum" John smirked at Sherlocks discomfort. shortly after Mr and Mrs Holmes had arrived Sally and Anderson shortly came awkwardly together and the whole crew were sitting down at the dinner table in silence.

Greg looked at Mycroft expectedly but he was to busy nervously picking at his food, Greg cleared his throat in order to get Mycrofts attention. Mycroft looked up at Greg awkwardly, Greg hinted with his eyes for Mycroft to just get it over with so they can be happy together, he shyly nodded and stood up while taping his glass with a knife to get the attention of everyone else, even though he knew how understanding everyone around him was when John and sherlock came out together he couldn't help but feel nervous. He decided that it was pointless batting around the point and that he should just get straight to it. "Right well I know your all wondering why I invited you here as it's not exactly the kind of thing I do, but I feel you all deserve to know this as you are the people that love me and Gregory so I think that you should know that I am in love with him and he or at least I hope that he, feels the same way about me...we've been in a relationship for a few months and I do wish that you will all accept us." The table went from an awkward silence to everybody cheering and clapping and John finally being able to tease Greg the way he teases John about sherlock and Sherlock showing his brotherly side with Mycroft while they joke and test each others brain skills the evening May have started of awkwardly but now any old person would have said they looked like a normal group of friends and family.