𝗔𝗦𝗞 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬

ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ » 747

ᴘᴜʙʟɪꜱʜᴇᴅ » 16/08/2022 {ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʜɪꜱ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ}

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ » ʙʀɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴏᴋᴜᴘꜱ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ, ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ, ᴄᴜʀꜱɪɴɢ

»»————-  ————-««

You had no idea where Jason had slipped off to. It would be pretty hard to just disappear, especially when this whole gala was for and about him.

16th of August, had come around fast and you found yourself in need of a gift for your boyfriend. You wanted something special and meaningful, something that would last and remind him that he is loved.

You two had been dating before his death and resurrection and when he came back thing were a little rocky, neither of them really coming to term with his death. But that had been a year ago and now you two were stable and happy, never fighting - a small argument here and there - he made sure to come back to you every night, worrying when you stopped sleeping because of nightmares and worry.

Back to the gift topic, you knew he hated grand gestures so Bruce and Dick were a no, Tim sucked at relationships and Damian was to young to know anything about that stuff, you would've asked Alfred but he had a lot on his shoulders.

So naturally you went to his best friend Roy Harper. Things between the two of you had been awkward, you to had hooked up once at a bar, both apparently sober enough to remember everything that happened that night - yes you both got over it and told Jason, he was shocked and didn't talk to either of you for a couple of days. But you still got lots of okay advice, in the end you brought a , black with a singular red line and red on the inside.

---

After minutes that felt like an eternity, you found him in the garden on the grass with Ace's head on his thigh, Jason's hand scratching his head. It was the most beautiful thing you've ever seen, the moonlight making his green eyes sparkling, the lighting from the moon made his hair look shiny, his jacket discarded behind him, he was breath taking.

You walked softly, bending down a little to pick up his jacket, nervously playing with the small ring box in hand. You lowered yourself tot the floor beside him, his head coming down onto your shoulder, inhaling your scent. "Hi sweetheart"

"Hi baby" your voice low and soft, turning your head softly to kiss his head. "Didn't get to see you all night"

"sorry, running from the questions ,you know" wrapping his free arm around your waist.

You hummed in acknowledgment "well I have a question, you don't have to answer it, now or we can pretend it never happened, don't wanna make it awkward. Jay, oh god-"

"Sweetheart it's alright, ask away"

"How do I do this- right okay, Jay look at me please"

He lifted his head and looked towards you, soft smile showing you how tired he was.

Okay this is it- fuck I forgot to ask Bruce for permission, oh yeah I asked Alfred

Sliding the back towards yourself from under his suit jacket, opening the box to see the red and black ring "Jason Todd, I love you so much and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, but I know whatever it is I what to do it with you. So will you marry me?"

Now it was his turn to stumble over his words going speechless.

"Sorry, I knew this was a bad idea" before you could start insulting Roy and yourself Jason had pulled you into a kiss, it didn't last very long but it told you everything you needed to know. Breaking away from him, you pulled the ring out of the box took his hand in yours and slipped the ring onto his ring finger.

ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ:

"They what?!" Bruce's voice echoed louder than usual causing all the Wayne residents to come into the kitchen.

"They proposed- wait they didn't ask you?"

"No-"

"Who proposed?" Damian asked

"Fuck-" all their heads turned to you. All of a sudden your slippers seemed interesting.

"Y/n explain" Bruce's words stern as ever

You had never been this happy to see and hear Alfred as you were now "They asked for my permission"

"And why is that Y/n?"

"Well Jay's always been closer to Alfred so I asked him before I asked Jason to marry me"

You were in for a big talk from every single one of Jason's family.