Chapter Nine: Back For Dinner?!

Half an hour later, Isa left the nurse's office to meet Dylan who had been standing beside the door.

"You okay?" He asked as soon as he saw her.
"Yeah..." She replied. With a few patches here and there, she didn't look so bad. "Tell me what happened" asked Dylan.
"Oh nothing much; just got pushed into a shelf and got beat up by some crazy janitor, but hey, I'm still alive" Isa said, sarcasm dripping from her tongue. Dylan's brows shot up as he frowned "you met crazy Charlie?"
"Say who now?"
"Crazy Charlie's the school janitor" he stated matter of factly. Leaning tiredly on the wall, she looked flatly and said "elaborate please"
Dylan scanned Isa's body for a moment and said "let's get somewhere to sit first. You're tired and school's almost over anyway. C'mon"

Slowly, they left the building, walking side by side and scanning the area for a nice place to continue their conversation.
They found a bench under a nice shade and headed for it. As soon as they sat, Dylan began;
"Crazy Charlie has been the school janitor for years now. My dad went to school here and even my granddad did and he was still here. Believe it or not, he's even crazier than he was at that time but that's just because the poor man was bullied"
"Bullied?" Isa sat straighter and looked at Dylan in confusion.

"Yes. Bullied" he looked back at her.

"He was bullied by bad kids, my granddad told me. They littered the halls on purpose, stole his pants a couple of times; then he started wearing overalls so they stole his spare and ruined the one he put on, hung him in the basketball hoop..."
"What?! That's so awfully" Isa suddenly felt great pity on the old man.

"They also stole his broom from him and whacked him..."
Isa thought of her encounter with Charlie in the hall and her pity significantly diminished. He had whacked her like a psycho so...
But she was suddenly overcome with guilt and shame.

No. He didn't deserve that. Hell! It wasn't even his fault but those bad kids. I'm such a bad person for thinking that way...

They played a lot of dirty pranks on him so that's why he became so violent to anyone and everyone, and I don't blame him; the kids that go to school here can make anyone lose their minds"
Isa scoffed "not just the kids that go to school here but possibly the entire town. You've got mad people living among you" she folded her arms and leaned back.
"I wasn't prepared to be in this kind of situation" Isa sulked.
Dylan smiled slyly and ruffled her hair and Isa slapped it off annoyed.
"Don't worry, you'll get used to the madness"

Just then the bell went off for dismissal so the two sat in silence and watched the students pour out of the building. Some even stole glances at them and some straight out gawked. Obviously, the new girl vibe hadn't gone down yet. Nevertheless, Isa looked back at them daring them to look back. She didn't care anymore.

Headed their way we're Campbell, Cole and Ciara. When they got to them Campbell spoke "I couldn't find any of in the library or the bathroom..."
"You went to the boy's bathroom?" Cole asked in mock disgust.
"No, Cole!" Campbell breathed out an irritated sigh.

Looking back at Isa she stated "spill, don't leave out any details"

So she told them everything that happened as detailed as she could. At the end of her narration, they were not in good moods; solely because of Heather.

"Ugh...I just really hate that girl. I hate her so much. Always getting away with her crimes and no one ever does anything about it" Campbell stomped her foot in frustration.
"I've said it before and I'm saying it again...the girl is off her rockers. She's more than just a bully and the principal?...huh, he acts like a sucked up father instead of a school owner" Cole pointed out.